Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners Manual Update???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, I admit to being more than a casual geek. I really enjoy reading software manuals even before I install the software. So when I ordered my P85 I immediately began looking for the downloadable .pdf Owner's Manual. I printed it out and was going through it page-by-page and highlighting, but then I happened to notice that some of the instructions were NOT what I had read here on the forum. I looked at the software version for the manual and it is for v4.0!!! So I called Tesla, told them my car was on order, and asked if they had a more recent version. I was told--and I LOVED this--"We are currently working on version 5.6 which is in development and should be available by some time early next year."
I told him that 5.6 had already gone out OTA. He was totally shocked! When I asked if there was a more recent Owner's Manual I was told they were working on the one for v5.0 and hoped to have it available soon. He also told me I could look at the Release Notes by pressing the Tesla T on the 17". I reiterated that my car was still on order and he had nothing more to say. I am a bit disappointed that the documentation is three versions behind.

I too love to read owner's manuals and even though I have a hard copy in my glove box, I still like to read it at work (when I should probably be working!!)

Geek = yes

P.S. Thanks araxara for the EU version...I'm happily reading it now!!!

Last edited:
Typical software company. Reporting and documentation are always in the future! :wink:
True that! But if they already have a v5.0 why not post it to the webpage and be one version behind rather than three? I certainly would not have wanted them to withhold the OTA deployment of v5.6 ​because of documentation, but....
@BobtheV You are correct. Not much lawyerspeak at all, just good practical (but out-of-date) "here's how".

@Chipper You're right. The link from the My Tesla page is to the 4.0 documentation, so that is really weird that they have an EU 5.0 but the US version is 4.0. I'll read them both I guess.

Maybe it takes time to translate from EU English to US English? :biggrin: