Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners who bought EAP in 2018: Did you buy FSD upgrade for 2k?

Owners who bought EAP in 2018: Did you buy FSD upgrade for 2k?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2k seems like a good value for FSD, knowing that it is unlikely to go down. It is not a free loan, but rather a futures contract. I know FSD (a real one, let’s say) is far away, but I would like HW 3.0. I’m pretty confident it will make current EAP features more stable, so the car will be less likely to swing between lanes (which current EAP sometimes do, especially at higher speeds). And I would like Tesla to stop at intersections, stop signs, etc. I expect both this year. Let’s say I value this at 1k$. And I’m Ok to spend another 1k$ to be in the game and use anything else, included in FSD, for the next 1-2 years. I don’t want to reduce value I can get from my car by not having these features.

Some of us know more than others. If you’re in the prediction game, it’s nothing more than your prediction. Some have more information to base the decision.

Is this information any “insider” info???? If so, please share!

I’m on the fence with this. At this point I don’t think it’ll be cheaper in the future. I just am not certain how well it’ll work and when. Is it going to be good enough to drive someone home after a few beers? To avoid awkward Uber rides by the end of the year would be cool. At minimum will it add some value to my car at trade in/time to sell? Probably. I just don’t know what that would be.

Ready for prime time as in 5 years? I’d have moved on to a new car, like one with HW5+.

... or be dead..

Seriously, if I die during the wait for FSD-Future Self Driving, can my family get the money back? Until I see some sort of way to back out of the "contract" after a certain timeframe, then I'll live without it. Honestly I really barely use my EAP and still don't trust the NavOpilot.

Reactions: fiatlux
Wow, much higher take rate for this than I was expecting! I’m leaning more towards not buying it before it goes back to normal pricing tomorrow but still technically on the fence.

Not buying. I, too, learned my lesson and dont plan on it being very viable or useful in the next few years. Also, when they announce that HW3 ISN'T included, for those who purchased FSD, at some point in the future, I want nothing to do with that poop show.

Reactions: fiatlux
Just did it guys...does anyone know, under vehicle detail tab, if anything will change? I can see EAP and premium seats right now. I would imagine that FSD would be added, right? Thanks.

Some report it showing right away. I on the other hand, bought EAP in DECEMBER of 2018 and I've yet to find a Tesla employee that knows how to add it to my "options" list in my account. It's really quite funny and pathetic at the same time.