Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ownership journal: living with a used P85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having searched the internet for info prior to purchasing cars in the past I stumbled across a few journals on forums that I found very helpful in understanding what its like to live with a car over the period of the ownership. I’ve done this before with other cars I’ve owned and hopefully its helpful to people. So I plan to document life with my 2015 P85D.
full
[/IMG]

A bit of background, it’s a 47K mile 1 owner car that has been looked after really well, seems to be in excellent condition. This was the PO’s 2nd Model S and he said he was going to replace it with another which is a great endorsement. It will be my daily driver for a commute of 40 miles and general trips, it will also be my full time winter driver which means it will have to survive MN winters. I like to wrench on my own cars and plan to do the same here where possible. I love cars, its a hobby/weakness and have owned around 55 and over 50 motorcycles in my time. The closest I have gotten to an electric was a 2007 Lexus GS450h that I ran a few years back, a car that I really liked.

I picked the P85D up 5 days ago and have driven it close to 200 miles so far, should be more but we had a busy weekend :(. I also gave it a good clean inside and out this weekend. I like doing this with all my purchases, not only because you clean out and wipe down the whole car (I am a bit of a clean freak when it comes to my car, not into detailing and polished but hate a dirty car especially the inside). I also find a good clean and hand wash usually finds a few blemishes/issues to fix.

I have driven a P100D a couple of years ago so don’t have a lot of seat time in a Tesla. Here are my very early impressions:

1. Love how quite it is and even on the 21 inch wheels it rides very well with great suspension compliance (mine is standard non air ride spec).

2. Yes its stupidly fast when you want it to be, however you can run it in Chill mode if you want to take it easy and don’t want the aggressive throttle mapping.

3. Whilst that is a lot of space in the cabin, there is a disappointing lack of storage/cubbys. Not too bad for me but something my wife commented that she didn’t like as she quoted “I have a lot of stuff stashed in my car”

4. I’m really liking the 1 pedal driving technique, I can see how brakes last forever and hopefully the nice alloys stay cleaner longer.

5. Waiting to get an electrician around to fit a 240v socket, plugging it into a 120 socket gives 4 miles/hr charge which is fine for me at the moment.

6. Autopilot with Autosteer is great on the highway but has its limitation on normal roads. I had an issue where on a slight curve the single lane split into 2 for a right turn, the car veered to the right following the lines on the road, so you have to be very careful. Something that concerns me if my kids drive it with the idea “it’s a self driving car”. I totally get that my car is an early AP1 car, however most people have no idea there are differences and think all Teslas are self driving

7. I have noticed what I would class as more than acceptable wind noise from the passenger side, I need to sit in the passenger seat to find the source of the noise, it sounds to me like it is coming from the upper A pillar area. Nothing is obvious however on checking the passenger rear window it sits proud of the seal. As with most frameless windows you can adjust the runners that the glass slides on (to effectively pull in the glass or push it out), if you look at the bottom of the door there are 2 rubber plugs, removing those gives you access to the adjuster, slacken the 10mm nut and slide the bottom of the rail in or out. Mine is on the maximum adjustment, so a little more finagling is needed, there is a YouTube of an Auzzy guy who had a similar issue and with a little perseverance addressed his issue, I plan to do the same in the next few weeks.

8. Sunroof wont fully open, it just cracks open less than ½ inch and stops. On the test drive this worked fine when the PO demonstrated it, so just my luck its playing up now. Tried it repeatedly the weekend and managed to open it once. Doesn’t seem to be a online consensus or fix so I have it booked into a service center next week.

9. The Tesla App seems to randomly struggle to connect to the car, this weekend I completed a screen reset and a power down, its working today so I will see how that goes. I’ve also noticed sometimes the App will open yet it doesn’t show the internal temp of the car. If I turn the climate on then the temps shows after a second or 2. If I then close the app and open it again the temp is there.

10. A few times I’ve gotten in the car and whilst the touchscreen is on the dash hasn’t woken up, I’ve been fixing it by pressing the fob to lock and unlock, today I just waited and it probably took around 10 seconds but it seemed like a long time, maybe there is a trick to waking that I am unaware of.

11. I noticed when I washed it that one of the front sensors seems misaligned to the bumper, so I’ll take the bumper off and fix that, it works fine, I just looks odd on close inspection.

12. Finally a bit of an odd one, I cant access the owners manual in the car, I can open the chapters and pages but they are blank, I haven’t looked into this yet online but if there is no obvious fix I’ll get the service center to look at it.

So in summary I’m really liking the car and hope to address a few of the minor niggles. The weird thing about it is that it feels like no other car to deal with when you have issues. It feels like your fixing a computer more that a mechanical vehicle. Maybe a few of my issues are due to the PO doing a factory reset just before I collected it as it seemed to work fine during the test drive. So more to come as I get to experience this amazing vehicle.

Attachments

• P85D.jpg
    P85D.jpg
    554.3 KB · Views: 225
Addressed 2 of my issues tonight.
The easiest, a double thumb wheel reset seems to have fixed the manual not displaying.
I then took some time to look at the sunroof that would open about 1/2 inch only, after some investigation it seems the issue is the rearmost pano glass seal was just sticking under the rear edge of the sunroof glass. It’s designed to do this to seal properly, it should glide over the edge when the roof opens, the very slightest of pressure on the inside of the rear edge of the sunroof and it will open. I’m guessing it’s just the seal aging, I cleaned the seal, the sunroof edge and added a very light smear of Vaseline and it’s working perfectly. I then noticed when it opens it judders and screeches for want if a better phrase, this is caused by the sunroof mounting arms rubbing on the seals, another clean and light lubrication and it opens smoothly as intended.
Pleased with the outcome, I have a functioning sunroof and saved the $240 Tesla wanted to look at it + whatever they would charge for the repair........every little helps as they say.

Great looking car!

I’ve owned my P85D since May 2015. The P85D with A/P 1 was introduced around Nov 2014. Incredibly fun car to drive. Will be interesting to get your perspective after a couple of months.

I tried chill once, to boring for me. It’s nice to have full insane power when you want it, otherwise just modulate the go pedal for slower, smoother acceleration. You may someday need that power to avoid an accident. And being the lead car at a red light...we’ll just leaving every one real fast @ half throttle will always put a huge grin on your face! Can you say that about all the other 55 cars you’ve owned? In 5 + years, I’ve done less than 30 full on insane accelerations from a stop, only 2 insane +. It’s violent. Warn your passengers when you do do it...lol. And you will be laughing.

Took mine in to SC just before going out of 4 yr. warranty to check everything out. No issues. Brake pads were still at new car thickness. Rarely use mechanical brakes. The 12 volt battery (in frunk) needed replacement @ 4 years, 2 weeks. Tesla did it for free even though warranty had just ended. You will get a message on the dash giving you ample warning. In an ICE car, dead battery is a dead battery.

A new P85D was capable of 253 miles. Mine now charges to 248 @ 100%. 35K miles. Have you done a full charge yet? Curious what your range is 47K. You got a great deal on your car! New, the sticker was north of 120K, Then reduced by State & Fed tax credits. My case, $7,500 Fed, $5,000 GA.

Sunroof is definitely happy when lubricated. My MCU 1 went out a couple of months ago. It’s starting to happen to earlier Tesla’s and you can read about it on this & the Tesla forums. Google “MCU 1 failure” and there are some good articles on the subject. A glitchy main screen, trouble with app..etc are some of the symptoms of imminent failure. Won’t burden you with this, you can do a little research. Hopefully yours is fine. I would recommend not using the safety feature “pin to drive” for now just in case your MCU fails. (Main screen black, can’t restore) That way you can still drive car till repairs are made. That’s been my only maintenance issue in 5 1/2 years. 12 volt battery last 3-5 years.

Since your in a part of the country that can get extremely cold in winter, understanding batteries & cold temps will help mitigate some unexpected frustrations of owning a BEV during very cold temps. When the battery temp gets below 50ish, you won’t have full regen braking. Only partial, and if really cold, no regen until you’ve driven several miles, then it will slowly become more effective. This can be mitigated by preheating the battery before you start driving. And with very cold temps, your range will be significantly impacted until the battery warms up. Just an FYI, your driving 40 miles a day, none of this matters. It will matter though if your going to take a trip in very cold temps. Vice versa, the P85D, any BEV, is very happy in the summer. I charge to 90%, giving me 222 miles. 100 miles round trip for work, all I85 In GA. Speed limit 70. So I should get home with 122. I get home with 108, a 14% loss. The reason is I drive minimum 77, sometimes higher depending on Atlanta traffic flow. The range is calculated on some lower speed #, 50,55,60, I don’t know. Maybe some one here knows. Anyway, overcoming the air resistance at high speeds effects the range as well as cold does.

So as you come into winter in MN, and you head out in 10F, or -10F, with no preheating the battery in your garage driving 80, expect the range to be significantly lower than what your dash says when you leave. It may say 230, expect 170. Vice versa, leave in the summer & drive 50, you may get 250. It’s never been an issue for me with the knowledge of the limitations discussed. Since this is your 1st BEV I think, we want you to love your Tesla & BEV experience . BEV are the future, and Tesla is 10 years ahead of the other OEMs according to Sandy Munro. I imagine you know Sandy since you like working on your cars. If you don’t, check out his YouTube channel, you will be impressed.

Congrats on your purchase! The P85D is/was an incredible vehicle in 2015. It was Consumer Reports car of the year, the S was Motor Trend’s car of the year in 2013. Had you bought 20K in Tesla stock in January 2013 when the Motor Trend magazine went on store shelves, it be worth roughly $1.5 million today. Sept 2020, the Model S was Motor Trend’s Magazine Car Of the Decade. And they put it up against the previous winners of car’s of the previous decades, Motor Trend Magazine named the Model S the Ultimate Car in that same issue. That’s right, the best car ever. The irony, the C8 Corvette was on the cover, Motor Trend’s Most Significant Car of the Year. Last I heard, they weren’t delivering them now because of valve spring failures in the engine....

How do you feel about your purchase now@D6LC? PM me here with your contact info if you’d like, I’ll call you brother. There’s so much more to talk about. I’m rarely on the forums but was moved by your purchase, and it was nice to inform our readers, & haters, about Motor Trend Magazine. A magazine that’s Car of the Year is highly coveted & a very prestigious award. And the Car of the Decade is that much more. The Ultimate Car....drop the mike fellas.

Miles

• Helpful
Reactions: bhzmark and Kandiru
Having searched the internet for info prior to purchasing cars in the past I stumbled across a few journals on forums that I found very helpful in understanding what its like to live with a car over the period of the ownership. I’ve done this before with other cars I’ve owned and hopefully its helpful to people. So I plan to document life with my 2015 P85D.
full
[/IMG]

A bit of background, it’s a 47K mile 1 owner car that has been looked after really well, seems to be in excellent condition. This was the PO’s 2nd Model S and he said he was going to replace it with another which is a great endorsement. It will be my daily driver for a commute of 40 miles and general trips, it will also be my full time winter driver which means it will have to survive MN winters. I like to wrench on my own cars and plan to do the same here where possible. I love cars, its a hobby/weakness and have owned around 55 and over 50 motorcycles in my time. The closest I have gotten to an electric was a 2007 Lexus GS450h that I ran a few years back, a car that I really liked.

I picked the P85D up 5 days ago and have driven it close to 200 miles so far, should be more but we had a busy weekend :(. I also gave it a good clean inside and out this weekend. I like doing this with all my purchases, not only because you clean out and wipe down the whole car (I am a bit of a clean freak when it comes to my car, not into detailing and polished but hate a dirty car especially the inside). I also find a good clean and hand wash usually finds a few blemishes/issues to fix.

I have driven a P100D a couple of years ago so don’t have a lot of seat time in a Tesla. Here are my very early impressions:

1. Love how quite it is and even on the 21 inch wheels it rides very well with great suspension compliance (mine is standard non air ride spec).

2. Yes its stupidly fast when you want it to be, however you can run it in Chill mode if you want to take it easy and don’t want the aggressive throttle mapping.

3. Whilst that is a lot of space in the cabin, there is a disappointing lack of storage/cubbys. Not too bad for me but something my wife commented that she didn’t like as she quoted “I have a lot of stuff stashed in my car”

4. I’m really liking the 1 pedal driving technique, I can see how brakes last forever and hopefully the nice alloys stay cleaner longer.

5. Waiting to get an electrician around to fit a 240v socket, plugging it into a 120 socket gives 4 miles/hr charge which is fine for me at the moment.

6. Autopilot with Autosteer is great on the highway but has its limitation on normal roads. I had an issue where on a slight curve the single lane split into 2 for a right turn, the car veered to the right following the lines on the road, so you have to be very careful. Something that concerns me if my kids drive it with the idea “it’s a self driving car”. I totally get that my car is an early AP1 car, however most people have no idea there are differences and think all Teslas are self driving

7. I have noticed what I would class as more than acceptable wind noise from the passenger side, I need to sit in the passenger seat to find the source of the noise, it sounds to me like it is coming from the upper A pillar area. Nothing is obvious however on checking the passenger rear window it sits proud of the seal. As with most frameless windows you can adjust the runners that the glass slides on (to effectively pull in the glass or push it out), if you look at the bottom of the door there are 2 rubber plugs, removing those gives you access to the adjuster, slacken the 10mm nut and slide the bottom of the rail in or out. Mine is on the maximum adjustment, so a little more finagling is needed, there is a YouTube of an Auzzy guy who had a similar issue and with a little perseverance addressed his issue, I plan to do the same in the next few weeks.

8. Sunroof wont fully open, it just cracks open less than ½ inch and stops. On the test drive this worked fine when the PO demonstrated it, so just my luck its playing up now. Tried it repeatedly the weekend and managed to open it once. Doesn’t seem to be a online consensus or fix so I have it booked into a service center next week.

9. The Tesla App seems to randomly struggle to connect to the car, this weekend I completed a screen reset and a power down, its working today so I will see how that goes. I’ve also noticed sometimes the App will open yet it doesn’t show the internal temp of the car. If I turn the climate on then the temps shows after a second or 2. If I then close the app and open it again the temp is there.

10. A few times I’ve gotten in the car and whilst the touchscreen is on the dash hasn’t woken up, I’ve been fixing it by pressing the fob to lock and unlock, today I just waited and it probably took around 10 seconds but it seemed like a long time, maybe there is a trick to waking that I am unaware of.

11. I noticed when I washed it that one of the front sensors seems misaligned to the bumper, so I’ll take the bumper off and fix that, it works fine, I just looks odd on close inspection.

12. Finally a bit of an odd one, I cant access the owners manual in the car, I can open the chapters and pages but they are blank, I haven’t looked into this yet online but if there is no obvious fix I’ll get the service center to look at it.

So in summary I’m really liking the car and hope to address a few of the minor niggles. The weird thing about it is that it feels like no other car to deal with when you have issues. It feels like your fixing a computer more that a mechanical vehicle. Maybe a few of my issues are due to the PO doing a factory reset just before I collected it as it seemed to work fine during the test drive. So more to come as I get to experience this amazing vehicle.

Not sure if you are looking for replies, so forgive me if this is presumptuous, but I have a couple of comments. My car is also a 2015 with about the same number of miles.

#3 -- Does your car have a center console between the front seats, or does it have the yacht floor?" One of the first accessories I bought was the Tesla center console, which has two more cupholders (configurable) and some storage. Trouble is, the version I bought is no longer available, and the current one from Tesla is quote pricey. There are some after-market solutions, too. There are all sorts of other little things you can get, such as coat hangers and a cubby drawer and so on. Take your time and enjoy the uncluttered space until you know what you really need.

#8 -- Sunroof rails might need to be cleaned and lubricated. (If you have Tesla do that, ask them to be sure the drains are clear at the same time.)

#10 -- Sounds like the dreaded eMMC memory failure. Lots of threads on this.

#12 -- I never can anymore, either. I could in the past, but not for the past couple of years. I suspect the computer just isn't fast enough anymore. (And I have had my MCU replaced, so I am disappointed that the manual won't display.) The manual is available online from your "MyTesla" page.

Enjoy!

Some comments too

3. give it some time. My initial reaction was the same. Soon, I enjoyed having a much cleaner car, without the “junk” in the doors or kept around unnecessarily.
I have the jachtfloor, but had preordered the center console, because “how is it possible to live with this “hole”. The car was delivered without it as it was on back order. After two weeks, I canceled the center console. Love the open space. Very practical too.
It’s actually in my list of “con’s” to go for a new S. I would really miss it.

6. AP1 is great. Smooth. No ghost braking event. But it is indeed limited. If you take the time to understand it’s limitations, you’ll be converted and won’t be able to do without.

9. And 10. Check if you have energy saving activated and always connected disabled. They both help to limit losing charge when the car is idling, but as a downside, it’s slower to start and respond to the app.

12. This is because the manual is using the browser. And the browser is basically not working. If you reboot the mcu1, you’ll have indeed the manual and the browser work for a day or two, until the browser dies again.
This one is very frustrating as it used to work, but the latest versions just killed it.

Anyway, hope this helps. Have fun.

• Informative
Reactions: David29
Great looking car!

I’ve owned my P85D since May 2015. The P85D with A/P 1 was introduced around Nov 2014. Incredibly fun car to drive. Will be interesting to get your perspective after a couple of months.

I tried chill once, to boring for me. It’s nice to have full insane power when you want it, otherwise just modulate the go pedal for slower, smoother acceleration. You may someday need that power to avoid an accident. And being the lead car at a red light...we’ll just leaving every one real fast @ half throttle will always put a huge grin on your face! Can you say that about all the other 55 cars you’ve owned? In 5 + years, I’ve done less than 30 full on insane accelerations from a stop, only 2 insane +. It’s violent. Warn your passengers when you do do it...lol. And you will be laughing.

Took mine in to SC just before going out of 4 yr. warranty to check everything out. No issues. Brake pads were still at new car thickness. Rarely use mechanical brakes. The 12 volt battery (in frunk) needed replacement @ 4 years, 2 weeks. Tesla did it for free even though warranty had just ended. You will get a message on the dash giving you ample warning. In an ICE car, dead battery is a dead battery.

A new P85D was capable of 253 miles. Mine now charges to 248 @ 100%. 35K miles. Have you done a full charge yet? Curious what your range is 47K. You got a great deal on your car! New, the sticker was north of 120K, Then reduced by State & Fed tax credits. My case, $7,500 Fed, $5,000 GA.

Sunroof is definitely happy when lubricated. My MCU 1 went out a couple of months ago. It’s starting to happen to earlier Tesla’s and you can read about it on this & the Tesla forums. Google “MCU 1 failure” and there are some good articles on the subject. A glitchy main screen, trouble with app..etc are some of the symptoms of imminent failure. Won’t burden you with this, you can do a little research. Hopefully yours is fine. I would recommend not using the safety feature “pin to drive” for now just in case your MCU fails. (Main screen black, can’t restore) That way you can still drive car till repairs are made. That’s been my only maintenance issue in 5 1/2 years. 12 volt battery last 3-5 years.

Since your in a part of the country that can get extremely cold in winter, understanding batteries & cold temps will help mitigate some unexpected frustrations of owning a BEV during very cold temps. When the battery temp gets below 50ish, you won’t have full regen braking. Only partial, and if really cold, no regen until you’ve driven several miles, then it will slowly become more effective. This can be mitigated by preheating the battery before you start driving. And with very cold temps, your range will be significantly impacted until the battery warms up. Just an FYI, your driving 40 miles a day, none of this matters. It will matter though if your going to take a trip in very cold temps. Vice versa, the P85D, any BEV, is very happy in the summer. I charge to 90%, giving me 222 miles. 100 miles round trip for work, all I85 In GA. Speed limit 70. So I should get home with 122. I get home with 108, a 14% loss. The reason is I drive minimum 77, sometimes higher depending on Atlanta traffic flow. The range is calculated on some lower speed #, 50,55,60, I don’t know. Maybe some one here knows. Anyway, overcoming the air resistance at high speeds effects the range as well as cold does.

So as you come into winter in MN, and you head out in 10F, or -10F, with no preheating the battery in your garage driving 80, expect the range to be significantly lower than what your dash says when you leave. It may say 230, expect 170. Vice versa, leave in the summer & drive 50, you may get 250. It’s never been an issue for me with the knowledge of the limitations discussed. Since this is your 1st BEV I think, we want you to love your Tesla & BEV experience . BEV are the future, and Tesla is 10 years ahead of the other OEMs according to Sandy Munro. I imagine you know Sandy since you like working on your cars. If you don’t, check out his YouTube channel, you will be impressed.

Congrats on your purchase! The P85D is/was an incredible vehicle in 2015. It was Consumer Reports car of the year, the S was Motor Trend’s car of the year in 2013. Had you bought 20K in Tesla stock in January 2013 when the Motor Trend magazine went on store shelves, it be worth roughly $1.5 million today. Sept 2020, the Model S was Motor Trend’s Magazine Car Of the Decade. And they put it up against the previous winners of car’s of the previous decades, Motor Trend Magazine named the Model S the Ultimate Car in that same issue. That’s right, the best car ever. The irony, the C8 Corvette was on the cover, Motor Trend’s Most Significant Car of the Year. Last I heard, they weren’t delivering them now because of valve spring failures in the engine....

How do you feel about your purchase now@D6LC? PM me here with your contact info if you’d like, I’ll call you brother. There’s so much more to talk about. I’m rarely on the forums but was moved by your purchase, and it was nice to inform our readers, & haters, about Motor Trend Magazine. A magazine that’s Car of the Year is highly coveted & a very prestigious award. And the Car of the Decade is that much more. The Ultimate Car....drop the mike fellas.

Miles
Thank you for the detailed feedback Miles, looking forward to the ownership journey. Regarding the charge, I haven't done a 100% test yet. On the App it shows 246 miles, not sure how accurate that is.

Unfortunately with CV19 and working from home I haven't had much of a chance to drive it, sort of making excuses to drive at every opportunity at the moment

Some comments too

3. give it some time. My initial reaction was the same. Soon, I enjoyed having a much cleaner car, without the “junk” in the doors or kept around unnecessarily.
I have the jachtfloor, but had preordered the center console, because “how is it possible to live with this “hole”. The car was delivered without it as it was on back order. After two weeks, I canceled the center console. Love the open space. Very practical too.
It’s actually in my list of “con’s” to go for a new S. I would really miss it.

6. AP1 is great. Smooth. No ghost braking event. But it is indeed limited. If you take the time to understand it’s limitations, you’ll be converted and won’t be able to do without.

9. And 10. Check if you have energy saving activated and always connected disabled. They both help to limit losing charge when the car is idling, but as a downside, it’s slower to start and respond to the app.

12. This is because the manual is using the browser. And the browser is basically not working. If you reboot the mcu1, you’ll have indeed the manual and the browser work for a day or two, until the browser dies again.
This one is very frustrating as it used to work, but the latest versions just killed it.

Anyway, hope this helps. Have fun.
Thank you for the feedback, as a point to note I did a double scroll wheel reset and that fixed my missing manual.

Not sure if you are looking for replies, so forgive me if this is presumptuous, but I have a couple of comments. My car is also a 2015 with about the same number of miles.

#3 -- Does your car have a center console between the front seats, or does it have the yacht floor?" One of the first accessories I bought was the Tesla center console, which has two more cupholders (configurable) and some storage. Trouble is, the version I bought is no longer available, and the current one from Tesla is quote pricey. There are some after-market solutions, too. There are all sorts of other little things you can get, such as coat hangers and a cubby drawer and so on. Take your time and enjoy the uncluttered space until you know what you really need.

#8 -- Sunroof rails might need to be cleaned and lubricated. (If you have Tesla do that, ask them to be sure the drains are clear at the same time.)

#10 -- Sounds like the dreaded eMMC memory failure. Lots of threads on this.

#12 -- I never can anymore, either. I could in the past, but not for the past couple of years. I suspect the computer just isn't fast enough anymore. (And I have had my MCU replaced, so I am disappointed that the manual won't display.) The manual is available online from your "MyTesla" page.

Enjoy!
Thanks for the info, this weekend I'm hoping to take the sunroof off and give it a proper clean and lubrication.

Addressed 2 of my issues tonight.
The easiest, a double thumb wheel reset seems to have fixed the manual not displaying.
I then took some time to look at the sunroof that would open about 1/2 inch only, after some investigation it seems the issue is the rearmost pano glass seal was just sticking under the rear edge of the sunroof glass. It’s designed to do this to seal properly, it should glide over the edge when the roof opens, the very slightest of pressure on the inside of the rear edge of the sunroof and it will open. I’m guessing it’s just the seal aging, I cleaned the seal, the sunroof edge and added a very light smear of Vaseline and it’s working perfectly. I then noticed when it opens it judders and screeches for want if a better phrase, this is caused by the sunroof mounting arms rubbing on the seals, another clean and light lubrication and it opens smoothly as intended.
Pleased with the outcome, I have a functioning sunroof and saved the $240 Tesla wanted to look at it + whatever they would charge for the repair........every little helps as they say.

There is trick called a urethane bridge. Tesla runs a bead of urethane sealant at a 45 degree angle which allows the sunroof to glide more easily on instead of thinking there is too much resistance and jams up. It has been done on mine and it works. Ill show you a picture if you like.

• Helpful
Reactions: bhzmark
There is trick called a urethane bridge. Tesla runs a bead of urethane sealant at a 45 degree angle which allows the sunroof to glide more easily on instead of thinking there is too much resistance and jams up. It has been done on mine and it works. Ill show you a picture if you like.

that would be great if you can post a picture, much appreciated