Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ownership transfer question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I’ve recently bought an imported Tesla Model 3 from the US here in Jordan from a 3rd party seller. The previous owner didn’t remove the car from his account.
I have complete ownership of the car with the necessary documents to prove it.
My question is: does the previous owner need to remove the car from his account first for me to complete the ownership transfer through Tesla‘s website? If so will Tesla contact him on my behalf or will it be removed automatically once I’ve submitted the necessary documents through Tesla’s website?
Thanks in advance

The process is: you submit requested documentation proving you now own the car and (after a week or so in most cases) Tesla adds it to your Tesla account. The previous owner will receive an email saying that the car has been removed from their account and to contact Tesla if this was done in error.

The process is: you submit requested documentation proving you now own the car and (after a week or so in most cases) Tesla adds it to your Tesla account. The previous owner will receive an email saying that the car has been removed from their account and to contact Tesla if this was done in error.
Thanks for the replyreally appreciated