Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owning a Tesla in The Netherlands

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took an insurance at ANWB... They are very competitive only side note is that they require a lojack to be installed... But looking at what I save with the other insurances it is still interesting ( and also found out that many insurances don't even want to insure a Tesla )

Reactions: TKMYLR and Hbrink
I just took an insurance at ANWB... They are very competitive only side note is that they require a lojack to be installed... But looking at what I save with the other insurances it is still interesting ( and also found out that many insurances don't even want to insure a Tesla )
Interesting. what is a lojack (anti theft system?) and how much does it cost? can you share more details around how/when/where to get it installed as the car needs to be insured before i go for delivery/pick up?

Centraal Beheer indeed is a good option, next to anwb
www.lojack.nl it is a car following system... It includes a central that can trace your car and works with the police to get it back.. The cost of the system is around 500 Euro including a 3 years subscription... Still the difference with ANWB and the others is pretty big. So in principal I would earn it back within a year. I would see what insurance at ANWB would cost you and compare with others and see if it would make sense for you as well...

Reactions: TKMYLR
www.lojack.nl it is a car following system... It includes a central that can trace your car and works with the police to get it back.. The cost of the system is around 500 Euro including a 3 years subscription... Still the difference with ANWB and the others is pretty big. So in principal I would earn it back within a year. I would see what insurance at ANWB would cost you and compare with others and see if it would make sense for you as well...
Was looking at the ANWB as well when I wanted a different insurance. However the price difference was less than 10 euro per month, and indeed I had to install the lojack, by the way, which I think is complete nonsense for a 6 year old model S.

With regards to range... I have a 2020 Model 3 SR+. 250km on a single charge is definitely possible, especially in summer.

I always charge to 90% and my commute to work is 75km. I usually plug it into a charger at home or at the office when I arrive with under 30% SoC left - except when it's really cold (freezing), then I charge it when it is below 40% when I get home, to allow for preconditioning and defrosting the next morning. In winter, with winter tires and low temperatures, I usually have to charge after each third single trip, so after a total of 225km. In summer, with summer tires and higher temperatures, I can make it 4 single trips before having to charge, so 300km. While driving on the highway, I usually have TACC or AP set at 105km/h.

Sometimes I need to go to Groningen for work, which is a 200km single trip, so 400km total, and can't charge at the office there... What I do in that case is charge to 100% at home, and when I'm about halfway to Groningen at a convenient Shell Recharge along the highway I plug it in for 10 minutes and then continue. On the way back, I stop to charge for 10-15 minutes at the Tesla Supercharger at Zwolle so I can make it home. Those 10-15 minute stops halfway are actually welcome breaks so they don't really "cost" time.

I think for you, you might run into range issues in winter when it's really cold, but that might only mean that on a really cold day you need to plug into a Supercharger or other fast charger for 10 minutes to make it home.