Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owning Model 3 with 2 kids?

Would you own a Model 3 with 2 rear facing child car seats?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have a foonf or fllo in thier model 3?

I have experiences (albeit limited), with both.

I had a Fllo first, then exchanged it out for the Foonf. The pictures attached to this post are of the Fllo. With the angle of incline of the rear seats, it was a little difficult to get the car seat at the correct angle, despite the use of the anti-rebound bar. It is better than the angle I got from using the Nuna Rava.

Although the Foonf is bigger, for some reason when I place it in the car, it seems to take up less space than the Fllo did, probably because the angle of the seat is a bit better compared to the Fllo.

The Foonf also has rigid latch and slightly outperforms the Fllo in terms of safety. **Model 3s do not have a latch system in the middle seat though, so take that into consideration if that's important to you.

Both car seats are pretty great and I think you can't go wrong with either. They're as safe as you can get it, without making it too cramped for passengers who may be in the back.

The Foonf can be seen somewhat it my profile pic. I'll post up some pix of it if I have some time. I really liked matching the white with my interior!

Attachments

• 2018-08-14 09.45.59.jpg
    2018-08-14 09.45.59.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 886
  • 2018-08-14 09.46.31.jpg
    2018-08-14 09.46.31.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 551
  • Love
Reactions: phtp
I have experiences (albeit limited), with both.

I had a Fllo first, then exchanged it out for the Foonf. The pictures attached to this post are of the Fllo. With the angle of incline of the rear seats, it was a little difficult to get the car seat at the correct angle, despite the use of the anti-rebound bar. It is better than the angle I got from using the Nuna Rava.

Although the Foonf is bigger, for some reason when I place it in the car, it seems to take up less space than the Fllo did, probably because the angle of the seat is a bit better compared to the Fllo.

The Foonf also has rigid latch and slightly outperforms the Fllo in terms of safety. **Model 3s do not have a latch system in the middle seat though, so take that into consideration if that's important to you.

Both car seats are pretty great and I think you can't go wrong with either. They're as safe as you can get it, without making it too cramped for passengers who may be in the back.

The Foonf can be seen somewhat it my profile pic. I'll post up some pix of it if I have some time. I really liked matching the white with my interior!

The pictures are really helpful. Thank you! I have a foonf already in our suv that's behind the driver seat and it touches. Looks like it might be the case here as well and I would need to use the middle seat.

This is true. I am currently driving an Acura MDX (16 MPG!) and my wife drives the Prius. If I need to go pick up a bunch of stuff from Home Depot or Ikea, I can just toss it in the back. If it's really big, I can remove the kid's car seats and put the seats down. When I get the Model 3, I won't have my SUV anymore. So for the few times where I need to haul something big, I'll have to get creative, or borrow a friend's truck, or rent from UHaul. I guess I'll just deal with that. I've seriously considered the Model X, so that I can still have my cake and eat it, too, but that's a lot more expensive than the 3, and I don't think I can convince my wife to spend that much. So when the Model Y comes out, we'll see. If my wife is ready to upgrade her Prius, perhaps I can give her the 3 and I can get the Y.

But I really enjoy the utility that the SUV gives me, even if I don't use it that often.

If one of you qualifies to set up a corporation, or own a business you might be able to get a Model X now for the same price as a 3. Talk to your accountant and you might be able to make use of section 179 deduction. I think after all said and done, since my X is used for work commute it will come out being cheaper then my 3. This year is also last year for the full $7500 tax credit. Model Y will likely end up costing more than the X you can get now once you take out the credits. Doubt the Y will be a 6000 GVWR class vehicle to be used for the massive 179 deduction. Learned about it initially last year : Tesla

I have a smaller similar type stroller which is nice for short trips but if we're going to the zoo or doing any serious walking I like to use my Bob and it's pretty huge.

How does your Bob fit in the trunk? We also have a Chicco Activ3 jogging stroller (New Orleans broken pavement requires a big wheeled stroller) and I'm curious how it will fit. We currently have an A3 etron hatchback and have to take off at least one wheel to close the hatch without trouble.

How does your Bob fit in the trunk? We also have a Chicco Activ3 jogging stroller (New Orleans broken pavement requires a big wheeled stroller) and I'm curious how it will fit. We currently have an A3 etron hatchback and have to take off at least one wheel to close the hatch without trouble.

No problem at all. I can fit it in either way but I usually just collapse it and put it in with the front wheel facing inward. Makes it easier to get in and out.