Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owning two Teslas now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love my 3, and when the Y was first announced, I had hoped to replace my wife's X with the Y. But looking at all the stuff we'd give up if we got rid of the X...we are going to keep it.

Spelling out some of the reasons why we like the X better than the Y:

· Tows more (even once a hitch is available for the Y, which it isn’t yet)

· More storage – bike fits in back easier

· More unique

· Free supercharging

· Better autopilot controls

· Better warranty

· Better seats

· Second screen – easier to see more info at once

· Biohazard filter

· Smoother, quieter, quicker

· Adjustable suspension

· More room for 5th passenger

· X might be a little taller and easier for elderly passengers

· Automatic front doors and falcon wing rear doors make entry/exit easier

· Dat windshield tho

I'd put "more range" when comparing new ones, but our older X only has 295 miles so it's actually a little less than a new Y.

No single one of these (for us) is a killer, must-have feature...if it was just a one or two of them, we'd go with the Y. But that's a long list; and given that we already HAVE the X, the price difference is lessened by not having to pay taxes and registration on a new car.

The Y is a great value, and I imagine for most people that don't already have an X, the Y will seem more compelling. But if the money is not an issue...the X is nicer in a lot of little ways.

Latest Raven X is a masterpiece. New adaptive suspension allows it to be super smooth and quiet on normal roads, firms up automatically at higher speeds or when hurrying around corners. It can raise up on rougher roads or heavy snow, then hunker down at higher speeds for better efficiency and even less wind noise.

It has a luxurious and spacious feel with lots of room and that amazing panorama windshield. The automatic doors are handy in this virus worried world, as passengers don't need to touch anything to get in and out. Even getting into the drivers door is automated, so you don't even need to touch the handle. BioWeapon HEPA filter also adds another level of isolation.

Some will require the 6-7 seating options and the hatch back versatility combined with up to 5,000 lbs towing might make it their only choice currently from Tesla.

While it costs more, and uses a bit more electricity to travel distances, many feel that it also adds value and prestige.

Model 3 still is fantastic for those wanting to spend less, get a more nimble feeling suspension and find the smaller package big enough and benefit from easier parking or smaller garage space. They get higher efficiency and provide fun transportation.

Model Y will be somewhere between these and provide just the right balance for their needs.It cost a little more, and is slightly less efficient, but carries more and has a handy hatch.

Not sure I would say any one is "better" and the other, but just that people need to take a look at their options and see which one best fits their budget and needs.