Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P#1079 in from Concord, Massachusetts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posted a little last month, just really "in" now though.
Configured but sitting on it for a few days until I press the Finalize button...
Would love to hear from other New Engladers as well.

Alo! Welcome :smile: I'm in Newton. SS146 so I'm hoping I'll have mine early next month. Delivery party? Not sure where, though -- my little apartment complex isn't the best place to have such a thing ...
Looking forward to the Natick & Watertown spots. You can bet I'll be hanging out there a lot haha

Alo! Welcome :smile: I'm in Newton. SS146 so I'm hoping I'll have mine early next month. Delivery party? Not sure where, though -- my little apartment complex isn't the best place to have such a thing ...
Looking forward to the Natick & Watertown spots. You can bet I'll be hanging out there a lot haha

Great and thanks for the welcome. Off to work now but will check in later. Letting my "Finalize" button sit for 48 hours while I settle in on color (Black - Blue - Green?) and feel out the options, though I think I am set there. My parents are from Newton - great town.

Great and thanks for the welcome. Off to work now but will check in later. Letting my "Finalize" button sit for 48 hours while I settle in on color (Black - Blue - Green?) and feel out the options, though I think I am set there. My parents are from Newton - great town.

Congratulations 1079. I'm hoping to get my letter tomorrow (2624). I already know how I will configure, so I won't be waiting to hit the Finalize button. I was originally going Grey, then Black, and now Green! Seeing it in person made the decision much easier. If I get delivery in December, it will have been a 25 month wait. 21 down and 4 to go. My garage is all set (NEMA 14-50). Now I just need a car and a cord!

Welcome, @1079! I'm in Charlestown looking at a late Nov/early Dec delivery on P1635. FWIW, I was in a similar place on the color choice and chose green: black and ultra-dark blue are going to be very difficult to keep looking crisp, plus the green is not going to look like 80% of the luxury cars on the Boston-area roads.

Hi there 1079, I have a long wait, since I only reserved at the beginning of July 2012 (P10010, so I could test drive in Mawah NJ). I have a Plug in Prius which just about handles my 1 way commute to downtown Boston from Randolph for now (and I charge at work for the commute home). Going to get my home equity line of credit setup in the meantime... Just in case I don't have $92K handy at delivery :)

Looking forward to seeing some of the early Model S from many of you on this thread.

Mitch

Black = Black tie, sophisticated, intimidating, upper crust.
Blue = Daring, sophisticated, not to be pinned down, keeps you guessing, business, and yet safe.
Green = Personality, sophisticated, intelligent, approachable.

Oh yeah, if you got dolphin gray, with dark rims... you got the badest a** of them all! It's the subtle yet powerful way of saying "don't mess with me" combo. Sophisticated intimidation.

So this is great. Now I'm up in he air about black vs blue vs green - and now Dolphin Grey. When i get to a real compiter, I will share a post to Tesla forum with great pics and video. Ironically, a pic of the Dolphin Gray caught my eye. The chrome on gray is as fast a look as there is. Unexpectedly attractive. I am not sure about the chrome on black. But it looks good on blue and green I think. Hmmm. Shoot. Dunno. Love the post above re: Model S Color and personality. So true. Maybe the problem is not that I don't know what color my Model S should be as much as that I am not certain which color I am...?

For me, my first choice is black with silver rims, followed by white with dark gray rims, or possibly brown with silver rims.

Brown = Intelligent, sharp, sophisticated, maybe just a bit older, definitely original.

But I'm leaning to black.

I just imagine my wife and I going out on the town... and is there really any other color than black to do that in style?
I'm not worried about keeping it clean, that's what dust mops for cars are for, and it will be a joy to pamper.
I do worry about black being a bit flat though, where the metallics give you depth and different kind of richness.

So, to be honest, I have not yet asked my wife what color she'd prefer. Agree that pulling up in front of Radius in Boston on a black Model S would be a sweet moment. Unbeatable perhaps in Boston Automotive History. I do exaggerate at times. But only a bit.

Another caveat to black is that it tends to hide the curves and shape of a car, where other lighter colors show off the form better. However... Black down-plays the nose element on this car, demphasizes door gaps, and really makes the chrome accents pop.

SCW-Greg, after much ado about color, I asked the kids and they loved the Metallic Blue and I do as well. Heck, after 6pm it is pretty much black anyway. I'd rather feel the joy of a newly cleaned Blue and live with it spotty from time to time, than settle on a color that doesn't rock me. Configured and signed papers late this afternoon. Three years and 11 days (Goes To Eleven) after committing $5K to a car company I'd never heard of and that only had a clay model of the car I wanted to buy. My first new car, by the way. And I still have not driven it. Tan leather, Obiche Gloss. All the rest except rear seats and big step down to a 60kWh battery to save some cash - add Twin Chargers to occasionally help with this.

SCW-Greg, after much ado about color, I asked the kids and they loved the Metallic Blue and I do as well. Heck, after 6pm it is pretty much black anyway. I'd rather feel the joy of a newly cleaned Blue and live with it spotty from time to time, than settle on a color that doesn't rock me. Configured and signed papers late this afternoon. Three years and 11 days (Goes To Eleven) after committing $5K to a car company I'd never heard of and that only had a clay model of the car I wanted to buy. My first new car, by the way. And I still have not driven it. Tan leather, Obiche Gloss. All the rest except rear seats and big step down to a 60kWh battery to save some cash - add Twin Chargers to occasionally help with this.

Right on! I'm stoked for you. Don't tell AndyM (he'll find this anyway), but I think I'm leaning away from the performance model, same interior setup as yours (maybe matte vs gloss dash though), and I'm pretty sure I'll go black, but brown is in the hunt too. I'm 10,608, so I've got time to figure it out.

Thanks. I am pretty stoked. The gloss vs. matte thing is interesting - my take is that everyone under 35 is Matte, everyone over 60 is Gloss. So I have been waffling and, predictably, I am of age between 35 and 60. Matte: no fingerprints, no shine, tactile texture, focus is on the grain. Gloss: better wear due to coating (suggested by Tesla rep in CA, not sure that's true), deeper complexion, better brown and earth tones to go with my tan leather, shine to match the shine of that Metallic Blue exterior. Some have said the gloss is a bit Detroit. Maybe so. Spent most of my life loving cars from Detroit though, so I consider it a small nod to the past. Robert.Boston likes the Lacewood and I agree it has a nice texture and tactile character, contrasting with the smooth leather and exterior. So now to decide for me: First song, First drive. Thinking about taking delivery about 100 perfect driving miles from home in the mountains. The First song is harder.