Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P D N R in a Tesla should be E F N B

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think for the model 3 it still shows P in transport mode. She's got the newer 9 software.

I'll check on my S at lunch too, see if it's more like a X or 3. I'm not on 9 yet.

I have seen Tesla do other changes to update the UI to match standards and conventions, maybe to get into compliance with more local laws. They updated the labels on the exterior lighting selector, removing words, and putting in symbols. I think symbols are called for in countries like where I live (Canada).

I do understand it must be a nightmare making a car compliant with every differences in standards around the world.

Yah, my bad, the 3 manual doesn't call out what the PRND does, only that the Transport Mode button turns blue,

(Slightly) more seriously: when kart racing, the accelerator has a more or less 'binary' function (you're either slamming it or not using it, generally). The brake is where you require finesse (and perhaps even force, depending on the state of your brakes). Given that more than 90% of humans are right-footed (including a lot of left-handed people), and hence by definition have both more control and force in their right foot, I have wondered why karts don't have the accelerator at the left foot and the brake at the right foot...

Well, I suppose that, even if it were a quite good idea, it would still be a very bad idea, so to speak... We shouldn't mess with a century of agreement on the subject, unless we have a very good reason :)