Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P+ Dead in Garage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...The problem was diagnosed is a “malfunction” in the high voltage battery pack and they are waiting for Fremont to send a replacement...
Again, based on this, it is not the same 12V battery issue that plagued many before. obviously still a significant issue and I hope Bob's well taken care of and he gets his Tesla grin (back) soon. But this does not sound at all like most of the prior 12V battery issues.

It seems that the 12V battery problems occur very early in ownership. Any idea why?

The probability of failure is much higher in the first hours of operation of any electronics. After a modest amount of time the probability of failure drops to a very small number, then gradually rises again as the device approaches end of life. This is the so-called "bathtub curve".

350px-Bathtub_curve.svg.png

(The bathtub shape is actually much more dramatic than this graph would suggest.)

Unreal, I had the EXACT same thing happen to me last week and I also was not happy and had to take the R8 to the office!
I think we found a rift in the space-time continuum...

Well, I had fun with P+ for almost 48 hours. Went to the garage looking forward to the drive to the office and I was greeted with a message that said “Car needs service. Pull over to the side of the road, car may not restart…12v battery low” I had 130 miles of range last night this morning 0.

Not very happy at the moment, so I drove the R8 at to the office.