Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P+ Dead in Garage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I had fun with P+ for almost 48 hours. Went to the garage looking forward to the drive to the office and I was greeted with a message that said “Car needs service. Pull over to the side of the road, car may not restart…12v battery low” I had 130 miles of range last night this morning 0.

Not very happy at the moment, so I drove the R8 at to the office.

Well, I had fun with P+ for almost 48 hours. Went to the garage looking forward to the drive to the office and I was greeted with a message that said “Car needs service. Pull over to the side of the road, car may not restart…12v battery low” I had 130 miles of range last night this morning 0.

at least you have an equally-awesome backup car :)

Probably the 12V battery or dc-to-dc module. Mine got a new message now since last week. "Car needs service - Power reduced". It seems it's related to the drivetrain this time. Car moves, but very very slowly. If I shutdown down the car, the message disappear. Fourth time my Model S broke on me. Curious thing is I own a Tesla Roadster and got only one issue in 3 years.

Sadly.... they make Li Ion batteries as direct drop in replacements rather than lead acid ... only problem is the 3-4x's cost.... Probably would fare better in the long run.

Has anyone done this replacement? I looked into it when I got the car then gave up. Is there a drop in equivalent that will fit the Model S with a Li Ion 12 v? I would totally be in on that even for 3-4x the price if it made my car more reliable.

Hey Tesla Motors: Add it to the Tesla Store!!!!

Cheers.