Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P Delivery -- Good News Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats Garlan!! I know you've been eagerly waiting, just as I have (and thanks so much for your continued support on Patreon as well!). I'm getting mine this weekend, though I'm only going to be enjoying it for one day, as it's going straight to the detailer for PPF the next day (coincidentally enough, I'll be going to Chicago the following weekend, so at least it'll be getting worked on while I'm out of town and unable to drive it anyway).

Cheers to all the folks getting good news in this thread!

Hello Ryan,

Patreon supporter of Ride the Lightning here.

Great news here in Chicago. Just got the call 1 hour ago.

Hi Garlan,

Thank you for scheduling your Model 3 delivery and making this a simple process! Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment.

Appointment Details:

• Delivery Date & Time: 8/4/2018 at 11:00 AM
Delivery Location: NA-US-IL-Chicago-Westmont

PP3D White on White "all buttons checked ( feature proof)"

Its happening!!!!! Finally!!!! March 31'st Second in line in Chicago's Grand Avenue store.

On performance model without 5K upgrade the brakes are the same as non performance and are not painted red. The 20" stock wheels are too heavy so its a waste of your 0-60 in 3.5sec. You can get better brakes and lighter wheels aftermarket for that same 5K.

You are welcome to get better aftermarket brakes and different wheels, but you will also need suspension adjustments for aftermarket 20" wheels, it's part of the 20" wheel package either in the PERF+ package, or the online $4000 wheels package ("This package includes rear suspension adjustments to optimize ride quality, and is only available for installation after delivery.") Also the extra $5k package includes a 10 mph top speed bump, and possibly extra $$$ for warranty. The spoiler is wimpy and who cares about aluminum brake pedals, I wouldn't pay even $200 for that part of the package.

Most of the performance of the PERF+ package comes from more-grippy tires.

Hello Ryan,

Patreon supporter of Ride the Lightning here.

Great news here in Chicago. Just got the call 1 hour ago.

Hi Garlan,

Thank you for scheduling your Model 3 delivery and making this a simple process! Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment.

Appointment Details:

• Delivery Date & Time: 8/4/2018 at 11:00 AM
Delivery Location: NA-US-IL-Chicago-Westmont

PP3D White on White "all buttons checked ( feature proof)"

Its happening!!!!! Finally!!!! March 31'st Second in line in Chicago's Grand Avenue store.

I'm a prior owner so I should throw a fit! J/K - Congratulations.

You can go back to your last few threads about bums off the street getting priority over you (they wont, and didn't) LOL

:D

I think they do them in batches of color... Ordered 6/26, no VIN assigned yet. Anyone with an assigned VIN and ordered a P3D fully loaded Midnight Silver Metallic with black interior?
Hey... that's me too! Exact same config, ordered 6/26... no VIN yet. I'm an owner, 12/2016 reservation. We should keep tabs on rach other to see if they are really batching it this way.

I think they do them in batches of color... Ordered 6/26, no VIN assigned yet. Anyone with an assigned VIN and ordered a P3D fully loaded Midnight Silver Metallic with black interior?
This will be me basically but I'm not a previous owner or employee of tesla/space x. But I didn't place my order (locked in with $2500) until last week. When did you lock in?

Hey... that's me too! Exact same config, ordered 6/26... no VIN yet. I'm an owner, 12/2016 reservation. We should keep tabs on rach other to see if they are really batching it this way.

You too?! Okay... This will be interesting since you are a current order. Esp since you reserved after me (Day 1) but are an owner.

This will be me basically but I'm not a previous owner or employee of tesla/space x. But I didn't place my order (locked in with $2500) until last week. When did you lock in?

You too?! Okay... This will be interesting since you are a current order. Esp since you reserved after me (Day 1) but are an owner.

This should also be interesting because bradhs is in CA, I'm in Utah and you are in Chicago looks like.

This should also be interesting because bradhs is in CA, I'm in Utah and you are in Chicago looks like.

Awesome, yep, also an existing owner (multiple Tesla's actually), P3D ordered June 26, 2018 @ 8PM. Fully loaded Midnight Silver Metallic with black interior. Anyone else?

I made a thread: Model 3 AWD Performance Silver Metallic with Black Interior order status