Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P100d 19" Aftermarket wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my S P100D and looking to do aftermarket wheels. After lots of research, I would like to stay with the 19" (I love how the 21" looks, but range, ride and potholes are going to keep me in 19").

I contacted a local wheel shop to look for options and was looking for a flow-forged- after a few days, he called back and said because I have the "P" with larger brakes, there were no 19" options and to stick with my factory wheels.

Does anyone out there have the larger brakes on the Performance edition with aftermarket wheels?

I was looking at Vorsteiner FF106 in black (I have a blue Model S and currently doing a chrome delete).

Thanks for the help!

We have installed our 19" TSTs on many P100Ds. The brakes for a 100D and a P100D are the same with the exception of the red color.

midnight-silver-metallic-tesla-model-s-19-inch-wheels-tst-metallic-grey-2.jpg
midnight-silver-metallic-tesla-model-s-19-inch-wheels-tst-metallic-grey-3.jpg
midnight-silver-metallic-tesla-model-s-19-inch-wheels-tst-metallic-grey-6.jpg

Reactions: Struja and mambro
Just picked up my S P100D and looking to do aftermarket wheels. After lots of research, I would like to stay with the 19" (I love how the 21" looks, but range, ride and potholes are going to keep me in 19").

I contacted a local wheel shop to look for options and was looking for a flow-forged- after a few days, he called back and said because I have the "P" with larger brakes, there were no 19" options and to stick with my factory wheels.

Does anyone out there have the larger brakes on the Performance edition with aftermarket wheels?

I was looking at Vorsteiner FF106 in black (I have a blue Model S and currently doing a chrome delete).

Thanks for the help!

We can custom build a set of 19 that clears your Performance brake.

Here is an example from our model 3 with 19inch SV503
Kubu3bF.jpg

tOoealM.jpg

You can message me if you are interested.

I kept it simple with a Tesla option on my 2019 Performance Raven and stuck with factory Tesla. However I do like the T-Sportline 19" Arachnid style wheels too. If they offered them in a staggered setup, I would probably have them on my car. The S begs for wider tires, especially on the rear.

Like you plan to do, I have mostly de-chromed my car also.

Dechromed.jpg

Why when you can have a 21" turbines for less than the cost of 19" wheels?

21-Inch 2012-2017 Tesla Model S Wheels for Sale – Front Wheel

Second choice would be Model X 20" rims, which I run my snow tires on in the fall and winter.

Eh, I can understand OP's reservations on the 21's. His main concerns were ride comfort and tire wear, and that's definitely worse on bigger wheels.

And like gnxs mentioned, those are replica wheels, who knows the quality of the casting (they're not forged for that price).