Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P100D announced will you upgrade?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 2015's 70 single motor getting 220-240 miles, wonder if can get 100kwh battery to go over 400 miles on one charge! And supercharging station stops will be need less! I do see a lot performance improvement, why not improving the ture need of every day life style driving! Are we missing the point of saving? Green! ?

When upgrading from P90DL to P100DL has anyone noticed that they have also been charged the latest list price for Autopilot? i.e increase for upgrade P100DL £8,700 plus increase price for autopilot from £2,200 to £2,600.

@DadoP90DL

I was originally quoted £8,700 for the upgrade, but I received an email yesterday stating that because of the upgrade i would be charged £8700 plus the increase for autopilot original order £2,200 now £2,600. I ordered pre Auto pilot price increase.

It is not alot of money in the grand scheme of things to lose sleep over but I do not understand how Tesla can justify the increase when the original car was fully loaded and i have just upgraded the battery pack.

I am based in the UK so would be interested if anyone else who has upgraded to MX P100DL has similar issues?

Below is the Upgrade cost

Model X P100D 117,200 Includes £4,500.00 plug-in grant All-Wheel Drive Included
EXTERIOR Pearl White Multi-Coat Paint 1,300
20" Silver Slipstream Wheel Included
INTERIOR Ultra White Seats 2,300
Carbon Fiber Décor 850
Black Headliner Included
Six Seat Interior 2,550
PERFORMANCE Ludicrous Speed Upgrade Included
Active Spoiler Included
Tesla Red Brake Calipers Included
CHARGING Supercharger Enabled Included High Amperage Charger Upgrade 1,300
OPTIONS Autopilot Convenience Features 2,600
Premium Upgrades Package 3,900
Smart Air Suspension Included
Ultra High Fidelity Sound 2,200
Subzero Weather Package 850
Towing Package 650
Destination & Doc Fee 380
VEHICLE PRICE AFTER TAX CREDIT 136,080

The above info is in your my tesla/ View design speck

Last edited:
@DadoP90DL

I was originally quoted £8,700 for the upgrade, but I received an email yesterday stating that because of the upgrade i would be charged £8700 plus the increase for autopilot original order £2,200 now £2,600. I ordered pre Auto pilot price increase.

It is not alot of money in the grand scheme of things to lose sleep over but I do not understand how Tesla can justify the increase when the original car was fully loaded and i have just upgraded the battery pack.

I am based in the UK so would be interested if anyone else who has upgraded to MX P100DL has similar issues?

Below is the Upgrade cost

Model X P100D 117,200 Includes £4,500.00 plug-in grant All-Wheel Drive Included
EXTERIOR Pearl White Multi-Coat Paint 1,300
20" Silver Slipstream Wheel Included
INTERIOR Ultra White Seats 2,300
Carbon Fiber Décor 850
Black Headliner Included
Six Seat Interior 2,550
PERFORMANCE Ludicrous Speed Upgrade Included
Active Spoiler Included
Tesla Red Brake Calipers Included
CHARGING Supercharger Enabled Included High Amperage Charger Upgrade 1,300
OPTIONS Autopilot Convenience Features 2,600
Premium Upgrades Package 3,900
Smart Air Suspension Included
Ultra High Fidelity Sound 2,200
Subzero Weather Package 850
Towing Package 650
Destination & Doc Fee 380
VEHICLE PRICE AFTER TAX CREDIT 136,080

The above info is in your my tesla/ View design speck
Wow that's interesting, my autopilot price did not increase. You may be lucky and get the 2.0 hardware for that additional cost. :)

I ordered pre Auto pilot price increase.

Have you spoken to them, or just got an automated email? I'd be very surprised if they don't honour the original price for AP. There are other USA threads where a quick phone call has sorted that sort of thing out.

High Amperage Charger Upgrade 1,300

Just curious - do you need / can you make use of that?

Have you spoken to them, or just got an automated email? I'd be very surprised if they don't honour the original price for AP. There are other USA threads where a quick phone call has sorted that sort of thing out.

Yes I called my DS and said that the AP increase did not make sense. She got onto the Holland orders team and they replied because I had upraded to MXP100DL I was subject to the new price points? I am just asking if anyone else has a similar experience or they have not had the increase price?

Just curious - do you need / can you make use of that?

It will generally not be used but have got it to future proof and take advantage of the extra speed should the opportunity present itself.

I felt sure I had read threads where the increase-in-price on parts, of already ordered items, were not applied (more correctly were "removed" after conversation with Sales Rep). How did @badboy1980 get on I wonder?

P100D for Sale Now

Hi @WannabeOwner . My P90D Ludicrous was pretty much fully loaded, other than premium stereo. I'm being charged £8,700 for 100kwh battery plus changing seats to premium. Tesla have confirmed this to me. I'm not sure about other parts.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
I'm being charged £8,700 for 100kwh battery plus changing seats to premium.

Which therefore does not include the £400 price increase for AP, which is entirely how it should be IMHO. AP was already on the original order, at the old price. I've heard of people saying they wanted AP but wanted to avoid tax on it, so were planning to retro-install it (and pay the "adjustment" supplement), and their sales people have honoured the original AP price for them, even though they hadn't taken ownership of their cars and only had "intent" to buy AP.

My order was placed nearly 9 months before I took delivery. There were two price increases in that period, plus elements of the face lift were all included without any price increase. I can't believe that Tesla is intentionally trying to stiff users over the AP Price thing, I reckon its a software glitch in the online ordering that sales folk can, and should, sort out.

Which therefore does not include the £400 price increase for AP, which is entirely how it should be IMHO. AP was already on the original order, at the old price. I've heard of people saying they wanted AP but wanted to avoid tax on it, so were planning to retro-install it (and pay the "adjustment" supplement), and their sales people have honoured the original AP price for them, even though they hadn't taken ownership of their cars and only had "intent" to buy AP.

My order was placed nearly 9 months before I took delivery. There were two price increases in that period, plus elements of the face lift were all included without any price increase. I can't believe that Tesla is intentionally trying to stiff users over the AP Price thing, I reckon its a software glitch in the online ordering that sales folk can, and should, sort out.

That is patience indeed. The "collapse" of sterling after the Brexit vote rather tipped me over the edge in July to bite the bullet on the S and also to stop waiting (it felt like forever) for the X. In the end there hasn't been much of a basic price increase from August, despite sterling being in the low 1.30s, but these resets on AP etc have obviously riled.

Like @badboy1980 I have gone for the larger battery (I was in mid-delivery). There was some confusion on when it will happen - "some time in 2017" - but will be paid for at the time and the model designation then updated from P90D to P100D. I'd doubt Tesla will cap range at the 100kWh pack's 315 miles, whatever was on Twitter today - range also equals fun.

That is patience indeed. The "collapse" of sterling after the Brexit vote rather tipped me over the edge in July to bite the bullet on the S and also to stop waiting (it felt like forever) for the X. In the end there hasn't been much of a basic price increase from August, despite sterling being in the low 1.30s, but these resets on AP etc have obviously riled.

Like @badboy1980 I have gone for the larger battery (I was in mid-delivery). There was some confusion on when it will happen - "some time in 2017" - but will be paid for at the time and the model designation then updated from P90D to P100D. I'd doubt Tesla will cap range at the 100kWh pack's 315 miles, whatever was on Twitter today - range also equals fun.

@HeartofGold - I have been told that I am able to upgrade my P90D to P100D in January. Have you had any firm dates yet?

That is patience indeed.

Finance on original vehicle was still running and penalties to exit early ...

range also equals fun

I have an additional angle which is that rollout of superchargers in UK is slow, compared to promise/expectation (although perhaps that's in the "nothing new" category for Elon's timetables and expectations!!)

We went Up North this weekend and having a 90 made a lot of difference to where we could get to, given we had to go somewhat out of our way to get to chargers. A charger on the A1 at Peterborough would revolutionise our ability to get up the East side of the country, right now we have to go up the M1 instead. So Max Battery seems like a good idea to me, pending more superchargers. I ordered an 85 which was discontinued during my wait and I umm'd and ahh'd (take early delivery or downgrade to 70 + Refund were the other choices), but, with hindsight, I'm happy that I paid for the 90 upgrade instead