Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P100D for Sale Now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious, If you had a P90DL ordered, and you didn't go for the 10K upgrade to 100KW, do you still get the Ludicrous mode you ordered? Since they don't seem to be offering ludicrous for the p90D anymore, wondering if you get it or they refund it.
I have the facelift p90DL, and currently don't think I'm going to upgrade, so wondering how many other p90DL's will be out there on the road with me?

I'd be willing to bet that you will get the L since you paid for it. This is a flip of the switch upgrade and my guess is that Tesla dropped this option to basically force people's hand to upgrade to the 100D at least for the time being.

I fully expect them to offer the L upgrade in the P90D in the near future, after they "test" the demand for the 100D. I personally don't feel they want to lose that additional $10k of revenue of the long term, especially since it's basically pure profit and there are no COGS involved.

I'd be willing to bet that you will get the L since you paid for it. This is a flip of the switch upgrade and my guess is that Tesla dropped this option to basically force people's hand to upgrade to the 100D at least for the time being.

I fully expect them to offer the L upgrade in the P90D in the near future, after they "test" the demand for the 100D. I personally don't feel they want to lose that additional $10k of revenue of the long term, especially since it's basically pure profit and there are no COGS involved.

Thats a good thought. Wishful thinking, but it would be great if down the road they could offer upgrade packages, ie AP2 plus battery upgrade. Would be almost future proof!

It turns out my p90dl is about to go into the assembly line and it is set up with the new ventilated seats (whether I go to 100 or not). I am going to be delivered the 90 and can upgrade to the 100 for 11k. The expected 10k plus the 500 price increases on AP and premium interior package.

Awesome!

I am sorta in limbo. I am set to confirm my P90DL order today (can't order the P90DL anymore), but apparently would have to pay the full price of a new P100D if I want to upgrade. I can't get the "old" prices for premium package and AP. Wondering if I should just confirm the P90DL and maybe upgrade later?

Thoughts anyone? I believe the price delta between P90DL in my "old" design configurator and a new P100D is about $12,500. So I can either eat the $12,500 now or pay $20,000 some time down the road for the upgrade....

• Informative
Reactions: TMobe
Anyone had any information on how long the wait will be for current P90DL owners to receive the P100D battery upgrade once placing an order? Will it be like the P85D wait for there $5k ludicrous upgrade i.e. a very long time?

Awesome!

I am sorta in limbo. I am set to confirm my P90DL order today (can't order the P90DL anymore), but apparently would have to pay the full price of a new P100D if I want to upgrade. I can't get the "old" prices for premium package and AP. Wondering if I should just confirm the P90DL and maybe upgrade later?

Thoughts anyone? I believe the price delta between P90DL in my "old" design configurator and a new P100D is about $12,500. So I can either eat the $12,500 now or pay $20,000 some time down the road for the upgrade....

If getting the newest and greatest thing is important to you and you have the means, then yes... Upgrade now. My feeling is that it's not, which is why you're asking in the first place.

Otherwise, you'll be happy with your P90D , and will not upgrade later because $20k will be alot and been thinking you could have saved $7500 if you did it earlier.

My advice.. just save your money. P90D is fast enough and a newer and faster model thab P100D will be available by the time you get bored with your P90D.

• Informative
Reactions: Model S M.D.
It turns out my p90dl is about to go into the assembly line and it is set up with the new ventilated seats (whether I go to 100 or not). I am going to be delivered the 90 and can upgrade to the 100 for 11k. The expected 10k plus the 500 price increases on AP and premium interior package.

Are you going to keep the P90DL? I'm considering keeping my P90DL order (which doesn't exist anymore, only P90D) and not upgrading to P100D to save $12,500.

If getting the newest and greatest thing is important to you and you have the means, then yes... Upgrade now. My feeling is that it's not, which is why you're asking in the first place.

Otherwise, you'll be happy with your P90D , and will not upgrade later because $20k will be alot and been thinking you could have saved $7500 if you did it earlier.

My advice.. just save your money. P90D is fast enough and a newer and faster model thab P100D will be available by the time you get bored with your P90D.

Thanks for the response! I don't need the extra speed, it was really for the range. But honestly, in my 85D, I never had range anxiety on road trips and never go below 50% battery during day to day driving around town.

If I'd be blessed enough to be in line for a P90DL, I would obviously not have money problems. $10k extra is small change.
But could I justify it?
Next year as GF comes onlines, Tesla's cost for cells will be going off a cliff. And everyone knows it. Woud people keep paying the same price for a 100 pack if it was may from the way cheaper GF1 21-70 cell? I suspect Tesla will need to meet the customer halfway. Reduce prices a bit, but not too much to give away margin. A 120 pack could be intruduced at the current 90 pricing, for instance. Upgrades for current 90 drivers...difficult to say what those would cost. Will they even want the 18650 cells back by then? Of the one hand I was going to write that today's 90 customers might get more range for their upgrade 1-2 years from now. But could Tesla still monetize a 90 pack of that age by then?

Another thing, can we even consider the 100 pack cutting edge? So they did some magic to the plumbing and now more of the same cells fit. If the plumbing somehow gives less noisy driving and charging, that'd be nice. But it's more range not from new battery technology. The claimed 6% for the 90 pack is still the only upgrade since 2012. While we'd expect that increment every year. JB Straubel basically promised it, but progress seems to have plateau'd. Would they hold the good stuff back to get customers to pay top dollar for outdated cells?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Model S M.D.
I just want to know what tires can possibly handle the torque needed to produce a 2.5 second 0-60. Are these going to be the same tires supplied on existing P90DL's? Are they still a "square" set up?

It looks like only the P100D configuration gives summer tires for 19" and 21" wheels. I also see no 19" summer tires offered at the online Tesla store. Anyone happen to have asked Tesla what brand and name are the 19" summer ties? Michelin PS3s?

The price changes I see are the P90D has gone up $2500, the 90D has not changed. Ludicrous is no longer offered as an option, it's standard on the new P100D and not available for the P90D.

Autopilot and the Premium interior also went up by $500 each (on the US site) and I'm just comparing S prices. I happened to save the cost of all the features in Excel back in April when I ordered my S, so I could compare then and now.

The price changes I see are the P90D has gone up $2500, the 90D has not changed. Ludicrous is no longer offered as an option, it's standard on the new P100D and not available for the P90D.

Autopilot and the Premium interior also went up by $500 each (on the US site) and I'm just comparing S prices. I happened to save the cost of all the features in Excel back in April when I ordered my S, so I could compare then and now.

This is all correct. I still have the "old" configurator in my design studio, since I ordered last week and confirm tonight. It should be noted that you still pay $2500 for SAS on the P90D, it's only "included" with the P100DL.

Has anyone exercised Tesla's 90 day "happiness guarantee"? I may do that and scoop the P100DL. Who has done this before in any capacity, either switching cars, or returning altogether?

That's only applicable on a lease and if you exercise the guarantee, you and anyone in your household are not able to order (purchase or lease) and take delivery of another Tesla for 6 months.