TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

P100D Full Charge Miles

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Insight75, Jun 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Insight75

Insight75 Member

Hi all,

First time I fully charged by MX P100D today and it totaled 278 miles. (Bought it used.....11/16 build with 8K miles) Thought I would get it over 280. Anyone else with a P100D can report their full charge miles?

Thanks

2. Tam

Tam Active Member

Its spec is 289 miles.

Did you see 278 miles in real time after it says 100% and "charge completed" or did it fully charged up at night and when you wake up in the morning it goes few miles down due vampire drain?

3. Cowby

Cowby Supporting Member

I've been getting 286....drain yours down to a few miles and then do overnight home charge to 100% and report back.

4. sammyfan711

sammyfan711 Member

279 last time I went to 100%

5. Insight75

Insight75 Member

Charged until it stopped at a Supercharger today. It stayed at 278 for quite a while before it stopped. I have 22s.....Does this change anything in regard to how they program max miles? Will try what Cowby said.

6. Lbkmxp100d

Lbkmxp100d Member

I took delivery on dec. 20th and now have 18k miles. I get 286 miles on full charge but I wouldn't get hung up on the stated miles and would rather get an accurate KW used while taking it down to almost empty and see ho many kw's it takes to fill up. I have heard that stated miles isn't an accurate represtation of available miles.

7. nagypite

nagypite Member

Your car is new so i don't think it is unballanced but good to know:

8. Cowby

Cowby Supporting Member

22" wheels have no effect in this case. If you're going to do this, then go slow and steady speed wise (i'd say keep it under 45 if you could) on the last 10-20% of the battery (no stomping the go pedal) before charging up to max.

9. hiroshiy

hiroshiy Supporting Member

Maybe not relevant, but one data point anyway. My Japanese X P100D had 437km or 272 miles when new (4Q car, January 2017 delivery). However it seems US rated is 342Wh/m per Jason and from the dash reading Japanese rated is 229Wh/km, my car has adjusted max rated range at full charge would be
    437 / 229 x 342 = 292.6 miles, which is very close to 289 miles spec.

Not sure why Tesla uses different numbers for rated range.

• Informative x 1
  10. Insight75

Insight75 Member

Interesting stuff here everyone. Thank you for all the responses. It did stay at 100% for about 15 minutes before it indicated charging complete. Will take it down fairly low over the next week or 2 and then full charge at home and see what I get. Will report back....

11. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

You can cycle the batteries to get a better number but the battery itself is not changing, only the reporting algorithm, or that's what the best thought is on the topic these days.
    What should my ideal charge percentage be?

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  12. Insight75

Insight75 Member

Thanks for posting. This is a great read and I watched David's video on the batteries. Great info.

13. Cloxxki

Cloxxki Member

Related, somewhat.

6 rated miles less for P100D than 100D. So around 2kWh going to waste for having the P motor spec.

Anecdotally, I've seen a video where X75D and XP100D drove the same SuC leap together, at very similar speeds, and the P consumed a huge amount more. Some 20-25%.
    Is this something that is common? Does the range differ more in reality than in a "typical" drive? If so I'd be interested to know what non-drag racing kind of driving would burn off more juice as ambient heat.
    Thanks!

14. McManX

McManX Member

Same wheels? Was the 75 drafting? Any TACC/AP? I would expect the P100D to be a bit less efficient but not nearly this much. Interested if you can find the link.

15. Insight75

Insight75 Member

Would think its because of the additional weight of the P.

16. BigMskiman

BigMskiman Member

Just did a trip this weekend, charged at home b4, reading was 285

17. Cloxxki

Cloxxki Member

The item starts right here.

• Informative x 1
  18. fatmiko

fatmiko Member

My regular 100D consistently shows 300 - 302mi rated at full charge. Had it for two months, 6000 miles or so on it now.

19. Cloxxki

Cloxxki Member

How much it shows is merely the result of a formula, available capacity divided by a given Wh/mi figure. The figure used in the one car may be more realistic in real life than the other car's figure.

20. Insight75

Insight75 Member

OK. Full charge over night after draining to 4 miles. Now getting 276. Kinda bummed here.....