Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P100D Full Charge Miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. I drove very slow through back roads with the last 50 or so miles. I was driving in circles in a large parking lot near my house for the last couple as I was getting nervous. never stomping on it the entire charge. Then did the slow charge at home at 40 amps. Took about 11 or 12 hours overnight. At the end at one point it said I had 50 minutes left and was at about 265 miles. I was excited.......10 minutes later it said 5 minutes left and was at 273! I timed it so I would drive 35 miles to work right after so I'm below 90% now....... Interesting to note.....as soon as I left it indicated 1 more mile to 277 before the usual decline while driving. I guess I won't worry about it. Will continue to monitor it to see if it keeps declining.

Talked to Tesla service.....they indicate that the rated range accounts for driving style. Truth?
You can relatively easily test what Wh/km-mi figure the rated range is based off. I think it's like this: Record range at start and end of a drive. Divide energy used by distance traveled. That's your actual Wh/km-mi. If you lost more rated range, divide by that and multiple with distance to get the figure it was based off. Be sure to make it a modest drive where you're not creating stupid heat.