Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P100D goes 10.63...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lower psi may have improved traction at slow speed more than the loss at high speed
in which case some Pilot Sport Cups at normal pressure might be all that is needed.

what if you were to run 19's with lower profile tyres?
would the slight change in gearing do it?
(or the opposite of course)

Lower psi may have improved traction at slow speed more than the loss at high speed
in which case some Pilot Sport Cups at normal pressure might be all that is needed.

what if you were to run 19's with lower profile tyres?
would the slight change in gearing do it?
(or the opposite of course)

Good question because the Motor Tend ringer had arachnid 21". Maybe they dropped the PSI down to 25 to get 10.5 @ 125 MPH

• Helpful
Reactions: mdevp
I'm amazed at how easy it is to run a 10.6, just mash the pedal. If I do everything right I turn a 9.7 but launch and clutch engagement has to be perfect, can't nail the throttle in 1st gear, 2nd gear engagement has to be quick but smooth and get to nail the throttle if track conditions are good. The major difference is my ride is only 1790 lbs instead of 5000 lbs.

I'm amazed at how easy it is to run a 10.6, just mash the pedal. If I do everything right I turn a 9.7 but launch and clutch engagement has to be perfect, can't nail the throttle in 1st gear, 2nd gear engagement has to be quick but smooth and get to nail the throttle if track conditions are good. The major difference is my ride is only 1790 lbs instead of 5000 lbs.

yeah it's just absurd how these things can rattle off mid 10s with zero drama or finesse. one speed, all wheel drive. there's simply nothing for the driver to screw it up. it makes a mockery of all those cars howling and squealing, and drivers obsessing over nailing their launch and shifts. it's just like "oh you want to be over there in 10.6 seconds? okay. have a nice day."

• Love
Reactions: thegruf
Have I dreamt it or isn't there a mode on the P100D which takes the battery like 50 minutes to heat up? Gives max power for a few minutes? If so, I'm assuming they're using this?

"Max Battery" is a button you can press that pre-heats your battery so that it can output maximum amperage on demand. Depending on the weather, it takes between 20 minutes and an hour. once the battery is heated to the optimal temperature, it remains at that temp until you turn max battery off. Engaging the "Ludicrous Plus" easter egg also turns on the "Max Battery" heaters.

These guys are probably using it, but it doesn't make a huge difference. Even in plain old Ludicrous mode, it is easily a 10-second car in the quarter mile.