Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P100D ludicrous+ loses to Model 3?? What the??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
\
My reality is this:
I drive a '16 S P100DL. I am famous in my group for Las Vegas cannonball runs. I've raced it on 5 dragstrips and the only trouble I've ever had was a nitrous Fox body Mustang racecar. I eat 3's for breakfast. I have raced the same car with three different people driving and my times were almost the same... where that Camero was like three different timezones.

Not everyone can race, but this is an S P100DL...
the great equalizer.

how many miles are on your P100DL?

I'm not super surprised. The S's acceleration advantage is all in the 0-60. Acceleration from 50+ in 3P is basically equal to or maybe a bit better than the S.

not sure were this logic comes from but the p100d traps 124 miles an hour vs 114 thats a huge difference. Same state of charge there is no way that the m3p is faster. But if the state of charge was around 40% on the model s then it would be close especially if you are trying to catch him.

Trust me, no disrespect taken. I would rather accept that than a model 3 beating a P100DL+ I paid double for over a model 3.

About the performance Model 3. the 0-60 isn't even close. 3.4 for the Model3 P and 2.6 for the P100DL. I haven't heard of aftermarket hacking on these cars yet, but after tonight I would believe it.
Don’t forget that the model 3 perf is now a 3 second car after the latest 11% power increase (over 2 updates). 3.2 was the original spec. Also, what was your charge percentage?

Hey everyone,

My first post here. I gotta say, the disappointment pushed me here to post something. I got a brand new P100DL+ and I absolutely love my car. However, No one really challenges me for a go on the road, I guess once they see the badge, they know it's over before it starts...until tonight.

A Model 3 pulls up beside me as we are in motion, maybe 50km and just pushes his car, it was fast. But I thought, ya it's a Tesla, of course it's fast. I pull up next to him and we both push it to the max...and he pulled away from me. How is that even possible?

Next, we get to a light and I'm ready, trying to engage launch mode with is harder to engage then any feature I've ever tried in my life. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It didn't work this time. Light turns green, he was gone...gone I tell you. I pushed the accelerator all the way, and of course I was fast as hell, but I couldn't catch him. Then I thought, what if he's driving a performance, but no badges, no red callipers. Even if he was tho...still no match for the P100D. It's not a raven but it only has 6,000 km on the car. First half of 2019 build.

I gotta say..what the #(@*#. I'm sure you all gonna say it was me or something, and your probably right! But how can you screw up just pushing the peddle. I do know how to drive, it's my third model S I know the car well. BAFFLED!

Any thoughts???

Is this it?

https://www.amazon.ca/dragy-10Hz-Ba...f=sr_1_1?keywords=dragy&qid=1584541565&sr=8-1

BTW, I have an android. Is there a good app for this platform? I searched CANBUS but nothing came up in the google store.
Hey everyone,

My first post here. I gotta say, the disappointment pushed me here to post something. I got a brand new P100DL+ and I absolutely love my car. However, No one really challenges me for a go on the road, I guess once they see the badge, they know it's over before it starts...until tonight.

A Model 3 pulls up beside me as we are in motion, maybe 50km and just pushes his car, it was fast. But I thought, ya it's a Tesla, of course it's fast. I pull up next to him and we both push it to the max...and he pulled away from me. How is that even possible?

Next, we get to a light and I'm ready, trying to engage launch mode with is harder to engage then any feature I've ever tried in my life. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It didn't work this time. Light turns green, he was gone...gone I tell you. I pushed the accelerator all the way, and of course I was fast as hell, but I couldn't catch him. Then I thought, what if he's driving a performance, but no badges, no red callipers. Even if he was tho...still no match for the P100D. It's not a raven but it only has 6,000 km on the car. First half of 2019 build.

I gotta say..what the #(@*#. I'm sure you all gonna say it was me or something, and your probably right! But how can you screw up just pushing the peddle. I do know how to drive, it's my third model S I know the car well. BAFFLED!

Any thoughts???

Probably already been mentioned but state of charge could be a factor? If it was a P3D+ fully juiced and already updated with the boost, should come in just about 3.0 seconds 0-60 and I’m not sure how much your performance would drop if you were at 50% charge?

Tyres Tyres Tyres
At the performance levels you are talking about it's all the tyres - you won't see wheelspin because the traction control is so good - but if your tyres as not as grippy then you won't launch as well Thomas at teretonga 1st march 3.jpg

..and just in case you didn't know.. the M3 has a model known as the Stealth or Sleeper. These are Performance models but without what was an optional pack. I've got one and you can still get them in the USA (not any more here in the UK).

They are basically a Performance model 3 with only one exterior feature to mark them out - they have a red line under "Dual Motor" at the back.

Theoretically they are faster as they've not got the heavier 20 inch alloys.. but I've never seen anything on that.

The condition (temp) of the batteries will also be a big factor in how much power you can send to your motors too.

In any case the difference should be apparent but the acceleration is only marginally better in your car and if he was off the mark just before you you'd not catch up till maybe after 60..

• Disagree
Reactions: Sunshine State
Ya man, soon as he pulled away the first time, I went right in and went to Ludi+ It was on Ludi right before that. He killed me off the light. In fairness I was pissed Launch Mode wasn't enabling and so I may have stalled. BUT, I should still have caught him regardless. A performance model 3 shouldn't do that to a P100DL+. So strange.
Old software requires Launch to have suspension fully lowered to engage. In Ludicrous the car is just as fast but doesn’t start the heat in the batteries. You can launch the car in Ludicrous without Plus set. If you truly had it in Ludicrous and didn’t walk right by him there is something wrong with your car. I drive my Performance 3, my wife in our Performance S lets me start first and the S goes by my P3+ so fast it’s looks funny. I have a Draggy and both cars beat the posted performance numbers.

Last edited:
ohhhhhh oh. here comes all the Model 3 keyboard racers.... if the launch fails it goes into a weird limp mode for a few seconds. Sounds thats what happened. my 2017 still smokes all model 3s and its 3 years old and still runs 10s at the track.