Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P100D Order Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AudubonB

One can NOT induce accuracy via precision!
Mar 24, 2013
(If something similar exists, I'll have the ModXMod merge this, but I couldn't find one, so....)

I think I'm gonna need a bigger garage. I just ordered a -

• P100D
  • Metallic Blue - ie., Best Available Color since our Model S's green no longer is around and we're reserving Red for the Model 3
  • 20" wheels - i.e., best size for bad roads. Of which that's the only kind we have
  • White - We were extremely impressed with this material when we test drove a friend's Model X. And it should remain easier to clean after our dogs have their way than is a leather interior. It also complements terrifically the blue exterior
  • Dark Ash Wood decor - This is Tesla's default trim when ordering White upholstery. Looks similar to Piano Black in many lighting situations; there is subtle grain that otherwise shows up. I'm still considering altering this to the Carbon Fiber alternative, but I'll likely stick with this
  • Black Alcantara dash, headliner, etc. - This is the default (¿mandatory?) option with the White upholstery
  • Five Seats - One of the primary reasons we have been holding off on ordering our Model X has been the unavailability of a folding second row bench. Once this became available a short while back, our resolve dissolved..... If readers otherwise are unaware, this means NO third-row seating. So we will have a vehicle whose interior is like that of other SUVs. Practical - Yay. Not a soccer bus - that's not us.
  • "P" for Performance - means it has Ludicrous. Active Spoiler. Red calipers. Air suspension. But you knew that....
  • NO 72-amp charger enabled. For us? With our long-distance travels? The reason is:
    • As all should know, such a charger exists in each car; default is throttled back to 48A. We can have it turned on later by paying a $400 surcharge (in addition to the $1500 fee).
    • As SpC build-out continues, and that is independent on on-board charger, that remains the on-road charging of choice.
    • At home, the time constraint of the lower amperage is of little concern
    • At Destination Chargers, overnight is ample for the 48A charge rate
    • If "mid-day" charging, then both rates are slow, so it seems to me ew'd have to choose between, say, three hours or five hours at a frustrating location. Hmm. GOTO Point #1, above.
  • NO Enhanced Audio System. We're not hugely impressed with that on our Model S; besides, I've never been one to consider a fast-moving vehicle as a great venue for great sonics.
  • Autopilot Yes
  • FSDC Yes Waitbutwhy ;)
  • Upgrade Package - The sole reason I wrinkle my brow over the HEPA filtration is Tesla's inopportune naming of it. So I'll be referring to it either as "Biohazard Defense System", or simply as "HEPA filtration". I'm not driving some videogame toy, here!
  • Subzero Package - Of course. But also we're really interested in how those cooled seats function for when we're in Arizona
  • Towing Package - While I enjoyed dismantling the Model S to install the Eco Hitch, between that hitch's price and the time & effort on my part, this option is one of the few available that is a bargain!
Ordered 7 December. Current delivery time is suggested as "late March". We'll see!

I have noted that sometime during the last couple of weeks deliveries suddenly went from late Dec to mid-January then to late March. I wonder what will actually happen. Has there been a sudden influx of orders, maybe because of Supercharging?

Anyway, your choice looks to be excellent for your conditions. Tell us more as delivery nears, please.

I have noted that sometime during the last couple of weeks deliveries suddenly went from late Dec to mid-January then to late March. I wonder what will actually happen. Has there been a sudden influx of orders, maybe because of Supercharging?

Anyway, your choice looks to be excellent for your conditions. Tell us more as delivery nears, please.
They start with international card at the beginning of the quarter. California cars at the end.

I have noted that sometime during the last couple of weeks deliveries suddenly went from late Dec to mid-January then to late March.

It appears they are finally being honest with people. It's not an influx of orders. USA deliveries occur at end of quarters, so once you fall out of Dec, you get bumped forward 3 months. They make Europe and Asia cars in the beginning of the quarter. Good to see that they aren't telling people they might get it in Feb when that will never really happen.

Modifications to my original post, which I no longer can edit:
  • Regarding the black Alcantara liner: this is the worst possible combination with malamute fur. SvC detailers resign en masse when they see us coming with our thus-lined Model S. Maybe I'll get a can of White Rustoleum.....Camo, perhaps?
  • In the "72 Amp Charger" decision tree, it would have been clearer had I written line 2 as:
    • As the SpC build-out continues, and in that Supercharging is independent of any on-board charger, SpCs remain the on-road charging of choice.

He did not design MS for malamute fur. Silly Elon.
Well, "Alaskan Malamutes" is an anagram for "E. Musk - neat as a llama".

For whatever that means.

Now, if we use "Aurora and Borealis: Alaskan Malamutes", then we can anagram that to "E.R. Musk: Animal Arousal Aboard, Alas". Hmmm.

Last edited:
Strange that this is my own private thread, but I still haven't seen much in the way of other P100 Model X mentions.

So, here's an early VIN for such configurations: 5YJXCDE47GF99999; am falsifying the last ones out for some probably-unneeded security. Now, upon going to the decipher site to learn those symbols, there are some anomalies:

That 6th place is supposed to be for the type of restraint system and the only options supplied are 1-8, A, B and C...mine shows a "D".

That 9th place is a check character and the decoder site says it should be a "5" rather than the "7" mine has

That 10th place is a "G". That means a 2016 build. Umm: no No NO NO, Tesla!!!! Not for a January build!!!!

I've sent a message to my DS to learn what I can of those seeming discrepancies.

Last edited:
(If something similar exists, I'll have the ModXMod merge this, but I couldn't find one, so....)

I think I'm gonna need a bigger garage. I just ordered a -

• P100D
  • Metallic Blue - ie., Best Available Color since our Model S's green no longer is around and we're reserving Red for the Model 3
  • 20" wheels - i.e., best size for bad roads. Of which that's the only kind we have
  • White - We were extremely impressed with this material when we test drove a friend's Model X. And it should remain easier to clean after our dogs have their way than is a leather interior. It also complements terrifically the blue exterior
  • Dark Ash Wood decor - This is Tesla's default trim when ordering White upholstery. Looks similar to Piano Black in many lighting situations; there is subtle grain that otherwise shows up. I'm still considering altering this to the Carbon Fiber alternative, but I'll likely stick with this
  • Black Alcantara dash, headliner, etc. - This is the default (¿mandatory?) option with the White upholstery
  • Five Seats - One of the primary reasons we have been holding off on ordering our Model X has been the unavailability of a folding second row bench. Once this became available a short while back, our resolve dissolved..... If readers otherwise are unaware, this means NO third-row seating. So we will have a vehicle whose interior is like that of other SUVs. Practical - Yay. Not a soccer bus - that's not us.
  • "P" for Performance - means it has Ludicrous. Active Spoiler. Red calipers. Air suspension. But you knew that....
  • NO 72-amp charger enabled. For us? With our long-distance travels? The reason is:
    • As all should know, such a charger exists in each car; default is throttled back to 48A. We can have it turned on later by paying a $400 surcharge (in addition to the $1500 fee).
    • As SpC build-out continues, and that is independent on on-board charger, that remains the on-road charging of choice.
    • At home, the time constraint of the lower amperage is of little concern
    • At Destination Chargers, overnight is ample for the 48A charge rate
    • If "mid-day" charging, then both rates are slow, so it seems to me ew'd have to choose between, say, three hours or five hours at a frustrating location. Hmm. GOTO Point #1, above.
  • NO Enhanced Audio System. We're not hugely impressed with that on our Model S; besides, I've never been one to consider a fast-moving vehicle as a great venue for great sonics.
  • Autopilot Yes
  • FSDC Yes Waitbutwhy ;)
  • Upgrade Package - The sole reason I wrinkle my brow over the HEPA filtration is Tesla's inopportune naming of it. So I'll be referring to it either as "Biohazard Defense System", or simply as "HEPA filtration". I'm not driving some videogame toy, here!
  • Subzero Package - Of course. But also we're really interested in how those cooled seats function for when we're in Arizona
  • Towing Package - While I enjoyed dismantling the Model S to install the Eco Hitch, between that hitch's price and the time & effort on my part, this option is one of the few available that is a bargain!
Ordered 7 December. Current delivery time is suggested as "late March". We'll see!
I was going to start pumping you about the 5-seat and how it's working out for you, then I got the the order date. You're waiting too. I ordered three days after you (December 10th) and yet my delivery is saying late February to March. What gives? I want mine as late as possible so I can give Tesla a chance to ramp up the 100kwh batteries!

A long time ago we had Huskies. They were great dogs. But Florida is a little too warm.

Strange that this is my own private thread, but I still haven't seen much in the way of other P100 Model X mentions.

So, here's an early VIN for such configurations: 5YJXCDE47GF99999; am falsifying the last ones out for some probably-unneeded security. Now, upon going to the decipher site to learn those symbols, there are some anomalies:

That 6th place is supposed to be for the type of restraint system and the only options supplied are 1-8, A, B and C...mine shows a "D".

That 9th place is a check character and the decoder site says it should be a "5" rather than the "7" mine has

That 10th place is a "G". That means a 2016 build. Umm: no No NO NO, Tesla!!!! Not for a January build!!!!

I've sent a message to my DS to learn what I can of those seeming discrepancies.
Have you already gotten your VIN? I thought that didn't happen until they were fixing to drag your battery into the factory floor? If that were the case, I would think you would be getting it by early February. Unless they're shipping it to you by dog sled.....

Well, by the stories of some owners, by dog sled would be a lot faster than however it was they finally received theirs!

I'll definitely apprise all what I find out about the perplexing VIN that I mentioned; I'll also try to suss out what the VINs look like of the few P100Ds that already are out there.

I think you are spot on here. I ordered our X a couple of days ago and was surprised at the late March estimate. A friend received his x in less than 60 days when they originally launched the P100D

Tesla may have a big Q1 sales number for stock traders

VIN update:

About a week ago, the 2016 "G" changed to a 2017 "H"; a few days ago the seemingly-anomalous checksum digit "7" changed to an in-the-system "5". That leaves only the restraint system's "D" - and I'm going to suspect that is one that describes the new fold-down 5-seater version. I'd be interested to learn if anyone with an in-hand 5-seater Model X has a VIN showing that "D".

• Informative
Reactions: hiroshiy
VIN update:

About a week ago, the 2016 "G" changed to a 2017 "H"; a few days ago the seemingly-anomalous checksum digit "7" changed to an in-the-system "5". That leaves only the restraint system's "D" - and I'm going to suspect that is one that describes the new fold-down 5-seater version. I'd be interested to learn if anyone with an in-hand 5-seater Model X has a VIN showing that "D".
100D VIN issued Dec. 12th (5YJXDCE4XGF03----) . Dec. 23rd changed to 5YJXDCE4XHF03---- .A few days ago the
"checksum" digit changed from X to 8.
Anybody know what the checksum "code" is?
P100D, 5 seat, RHD

Here is the information for my Model X P100DL which is replacing my Model X P90DL.

Delivery scheduled for March/ Early April. DS says will probably be updated to February. Tesla Regional Service Manager has guaranteed me in writing I will have Supercharger free miles for life no matter when car is delivered.

Regional Service Manager is providing 4 year service agreement at no cost.

Here is what I ordered:

-> Model X P100D
-> ludicrous speed
-> no cold weather option as I live in FL
-> Red Multicoat (as I am ordering my wife a blue M3, would have preferred Titanium)
-> upgraded tan interior
-> figured ash wood
-> light headliner
-> premium option
-> six seat option
-> active spoiler
-> Tesla Red brake calipers
-> smart air suspension
-> advanced autopilot option
-> full self driving option
-> upgraded radio with Sirius/XM
-> towing package
-> upgraded 72 amp charging (I have a 600 amp service coming into house with100 amp HPWC already installed along with a 100 amp Juicebox for M3)
-> upgraded 20 inch silver helix wheels (didn't want 22 inch wheels as tires need to replaced too frequently)

I am not conceiling the VIN as a VINs is not considered sensitive information and can be viewed from the outside the car through the windshield. Here is my VIN: 5YJXCBE44HF035750