Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P100D owner thing of Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I am not a frequent poster. My fist Telsa was a P85D, I traded it in for a P100D and I have been happy. Now the Plaid is out and it is actually cheaper than my P100D. I am the Tesla owner that goes through a set of tires every 9 months. I actually use it. I live in the country with a great, fun road to drive every day. I have only taken the P100D to the track once, so top end is just a bragging right, something I will never do in real life. I thank you in advance for your time. Is it worth it to upgrade?

I think only you can answer whether the added features of the new Plaid are worth it for you.

You've said nothing about what vintage of P100D you have; that could be anywhere from a 2017 to a 2021. You'd likely see more difference in ride/suspension if its a 2017 pr 2018 versus a new 2021 "Raven" model. Also likely more range increase, although you've not said how important range is to you.

Many posts have been written by owners with new Plaid models giving their views of them. I'd suggest you search and review several of those as input to help you decide if it's work lightening our wallet.

Reactions: foos and Clackamas
To clarify, my P100D is a very late 2018, I took delivery around Christmas in the US. I have around 300 miles of range now but to be honest I have used super chargers like 10 times. I just don't drive long range unless I am hunting and then I take my Tundra. My T has the sunroof, premium lights and stereo. 19" wheels (2 sets one for winter and summer). The yolk is my worry.

To clarify, my P100D is a very late 2018, I took delivery around Christmas in the US. I have around 300 miles of range now but to be honest I have used super chargers like 10 times. I just don't drive long range unless I am hunting and then I take my Tundra. My T has the sunroof, premium lights and stereo. 19" wheels (2 sets one for winter and summer). The yolk is my worry.
I’m a plaid driver and I too was concerned about the yoke. It took my about 3 sec to get use to it and about 10 to love it. Visibility of the road and dash is much better and control is so much more tighter. I traded a 2016 P90D with ludicrous and paid nearly the same for the plaid as I did for the p90d only to get better performance, greater range, better comfort, 3 motors, 3rd gen sensor HW kit and able to fully participate in FSD with 10 beta rolling out. No autopark is disappointing, hope it’s added soon. 300 miles in and I’m all in.

I’m a plaid driver and I too was concerned about the yoke. It took my about 3 sec to get use to it and about 10 to love it. Visibility of the road and dash is much better and control is so much more tighter. I traded a 2016 P90D with ludicrous and paid nearly the same for the plaid as I did for the p90d only to get better performance, greater range, better comfort, 3 motors, 3rd gen sensor HW kit and able to fully participate in FSD with 10 beta rolling out. No autopark is disappointing, hope it’s added soon. 300 miles in and I’m all in.
Autopark should have been added with a recent update or two?

Same though, dubious about the yoke and ended up loving it. I wouldn't go back. Shifting is also much easier than I expected. I'm neutral on the turn signals though, I can use them now just by muscle memory, but they're still weird.

Reactions: nerwork_guy
Autopark should have been added with a recent update or two?

Same though, dubious about the yoke and ended up loving it. I wouldn't go back. Shifting is also much easier than I expected. I'm neutral on the turn signals though, I can use them now just by muscle memory, but they're still weird.
Agree on the left turn signal; it’s having to move your thumb slightly down the yoke. I’m fine with right. But it’s like a new OS, takes a little time to get use to a new man-machine metaphor.

Plaid has much more power on the highway. In my Model X P100D I felt slow above 70mph, it just didn't accelerate the way I wanted. This Plaid is just nuts, much happier with the interior too. It is by far the most refined car Tesla has ever produced.

Not on wifi, just lte in my parking garage. Never used the key fob before so didn’t even know it had any buttons on it (does it?). I’ve only used the app.
Press and hold the center (top) button for like 2-3 seconds. The car will start flashing lights.

Then press forward or backward (frunk or trunk button) once. The car should summon in that direction.

Press Lock/Unlock or a door handle to stop it. I've found tapping a handle to be faster in terms of responsiveness.

This requires continuous press in summon settings to be turned off.

Reactions: dropgems