TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

P100D Owners; Usable energy data

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by emir-t, Oct 25, 2016.

1. emir-t

emir-t Member

Hey guys;

I believe we still don't know the usable energy the new 100kWh pack has.

85 packs were 75-76kWh
    90 packs are ~82kWh

Judging by EPA range increase being disproportionate to 90-100 increase, this really could be a 100kWh pack.

You don't have to start out from 100%, drive all the way to "Charge Now" and note the used energy. Data like this would be lovely;

Started with x% SoC, drove x miles, used x kWh, remaining was x% SoC. We could extrapolate. I have a feeling usable energy with the 100kWh is more than 95kWh.

Sidenote; I don't know the usable energy of 75 packs and software limited 60 either. If 75 has 71-72kWh usable it would make it a much more of a value pack than the old 85 with the difference only being 4-5kWh.

2. AWDtsla

AWDtsla Active Member

Without having sat in one, the math comes out to 100, or slightly over 100. An owner will have to report how many Wh/mile the car reports per rated mile. It's ~312Wh/mile for me, which should be close enough. That comes out to 322*.312~=100.5kWh reported as available at 100%.