Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P100D Owners: Why did you choose P100D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm with BigMskiman -

Got great financing 1.74% on 90% of purchase price (essentially free money - for 6 years).

Love how it drives. My other "peppy" cars like my Audi Q17 or my Yukon Denali XL just don't cut it anymore.

Since we all "know" that batteries degrade over time (I've done extensive research on this for > 10 years) buying the biggest battery gives me the best opportunity for meeting my local driving needs even as the battery degrades over time. Never let battery get below 20% and don't routinely charge above 80% (so that's 224 miles at 80% minus about 55 miles at 20% = about 175 miles of daily driving which is way more than adequate for my needs). By keeping between 20% and 80% my battery should serve me well for many years. I intend to sell the car at 6 years, thus giving new owner 2 years of unlimited coverage on the drive train.

Something to consider: We humans get used to what we experience daily - we know hot coffee is hot (well, most of us do anyway :), so as you drive the Tesla X P100D more and more you get VERY used to the response and performance. CONSEQUENTLY - driving your other cars is not only ho-hum, it can be DANGEROUS. We creatures of habit will forget we can't insert ourselves into traffic "that" fast, or pass a car 'with that much room" and so... nes pas?

If you haven't made the purchase decision yet, consider the "P" difference of $37,000 as your only real decision, not that such a choice is available to you. Had I been able to buy the 100D vs. the P100D I very well likely would have - given all other conditions at the end of December.

Good move. Our X is my wife's primary car, and it's a P90DL. We probably would have bought a 90D except we got the founder's edition which was a P90DL as standard. She said she didn't care about the P, generally is a calm driver (doesn't pass a ton), etc. A few months post-purchase, we had a 90D loaner and she instantly complained. When AP2 came out, we talked about trading the P90D in for a 100D with AP2. She wasn't willing to give up the P :)
I hope my wife complains so we can upgrade to a P100D too! ;)

After being on the reservation list for a loooong time, being very fortunate not to have to make an OR decision (feeding myself OR buying a car) and being egged by my 98 yo Grandpa (on his 99th birthday I let him drive it)... I pressed all the radial buttons on the order form (except for upgrading the 20 in tires) and then waiting 3 times longer than it arrived.... P100DL - all options..

Oh... it is true, the L makes it batshit fast... kinda unbelievable actually... Honestly the L is little still SCARY... In sports mode, the car is still so much faster than other cars the differential performance can make it unpredictable to other drivers. Mostly I turn on cruise control so not to speed....

I took 2800 mile road trip and consumed on average 397 wh/m and cannot imagine NOT having the range of the 100... I have found that it allows me to drive it just like a car not really worrying about cabin comfort and driving at full highway speeds +10 over...

Reactions: Cowby
After being on the reservation list for a loooong time, being very fortunate not to have to make an OR decision (feeding myself OR buying a car) and being egged by my 98 yo Grandpa (on his 99th birthday I let him drive it)... I pressed all the radial buttons on the order form (except for upgrading the 20 in tires) and then waiting 3 times longer than it arrived.... P100DL - all options..

Oh... it is true, the L makes it batshit fast... kinda unbelievable actually... Honestly the L is little still SCARY... In sports mode, the car is still so much faster than other cars the differential performance can make it unpredictable to other drivers. Mostly I turn on cruise control so not to speed....

I took 2800 mile road trip and consumed on average 397 wh/m and cannot imagine NOT having the range of the 100... I have found that it allows me to drive it just like a car not really worrying about cabin comfort and driving at full highway speeds +10 over...

-quickest SUV on the planet / sports car acceleration
-range maximized
-test drove the 90D before and wanted it to be a little faster, especially 60-80mph
-only regret from prior car purchase was not getting the faster version