Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P100D: what differentiating features would you request?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd love to see torque vectoring added, similar to what's being done for track mode in the Performance Model 3. My Model X P100D is superior to my BMW X6M in many ways, but the torque vectoring rear diff in the X6M let me throw that thing around corners. The Model X just can't corner the same.

Reactions: Anzir
I'd love to see torque vectoring added, similar to what's being done for track mode in the Performance Model 3. My Model X P100D is superior to my BMW X6M in many ways, but the torque vectoring rear diff in the X6M let me throw that thing around corners. The Model X just can't corner the same.

It seems to me that, it would be very likely for this to be coming to the P models.

BryWay,

My wife's BMW 750i short wheelbase just came off lease as well. The new 750 was too long for her. She opted for leasing a 550i instead of taking my recommendation on a second Tesla.

As you know, BMW does many things well including the items that you mentioned you will miss. Most likely you will not look back as the fast, smooth and efficient drivetrain, absence of noise and gasoline plus other high-tech features conveniences override the shortcomings.

Please report back once you have the Tesla and let us know if my hunch is correct.

Thanks for the insights SD. This is the feature I’ll Probably miss most... I shot this today while leaving my parking spot at work. The feature is a godsend in crowded parking lots (although today being Sunday, the lot was empty). Being able to select a camera view that shows the curb you're parking next to (or pulling away from) makes it so easy to guard against curb rash on rims. Also, being able to use gesture control to manipulate the image to see the entire surroundings of the car makes situational awareness a snap. These features will be missed.

Thanks for the insights SD. This is the feature I’ll Probably miss most... I shot this today while leaving my parking spot at work. The feature is a godsend in crowded parking lots (although today being Sunday, the lot was empty). Being able to select a camera view that shows the curb you're parking next to (or pulling away from) makes it so easy to guard against curb rash on rims. Also, being able to use gesture control to manipulate the image to see the entire surroundings of the car makes situational awareness a snap. These features will be missed.

The 7 is such a nice car I don’t understand why it’s not the top seller in the segment. I thought long and hard about getting a 1-year old M760 because they depreciate so much in that first year, but the Model X was a better choice since my kids are young.

Wow. I’m not a car guy and didn’t know such feature existed. With all the cameras that Tesla cars have, this should be a no brainer OTA update. Maybe in 9.0? :D

Reactions: Kacey Green
The 7 is such a nice car I don’t understand why it’s not the top seller in the segment. I thought long and hard about getting a 1-year old M760 because they depreciate so much in that first year, but the Model X was a better choice since my kids are young.

Yep. Love the 7 (especially this G12 generation). This is actually my 2nd 7-series, but I'm just over gasoline now. Seriously. I've watched a few friends hop into MS and MX cars and never look back. I'm remodeling my San Francisco house right now, and am having new lines run to my garage for an HPWC, so I'm committed. Will miss all the 7 has to offer, but I know the MX will make up for shortcomings with other things the 7 can't touch (starting with never hitting a gas station again!)

1.Surround cameras that are visble to the driver on the MCU like bmw and others

2. Apple CarPlay integration

3. Heads up display

4. An ultra lightweight wider staggered wheel option that is specific to the P

5. Fold flat seats on the 6 seater (2nd row)

6. P110 ludicrous with handling improvements

7. Track mode like or better than model 3 performance

8. Not likely to happen due to Current paint shop bottleneck but wishful thinking - Additional p specific colours

1.Surround cameras that are visble to the driver on the MCU like bmw and others

2. Apple CarPlay integration

3. Heads up display

4. An ultra lightweight wider staggered wheel option that is specific to the P

5. Fold flat seats on the 6 seater (2nd row)

6. P110 ludicrous with handling improvements

7. Track mode like or better than model 3 performance

8. Not likely to happen due to Current paint shop bottleneck but wishful thinking - Additional p specific colours

Although many of these are great suggestions, most of them should not be just limited to Performance versions. Anyone would be crazy to think that way (especially #1, 2, 3, and 5).

• Love
Reactions: Bogobec and P85_DA
Although many of these are great suggestions, most of them should not be just limited to Performance versions. Anyone would be crazy to think that way (especially #1, 2, 3, and 5).

Agreed, the thread title is more about differentiating features for the "P" model. So that should really be limited to "sporty" gear to go with the performance. Exclusive sports seats, sports steering wheel, upgraded suspension, brakes etc and perhaps a few visual differentiators like black exterior trim or perhaps an exclusive front/rear end cosmetic treatment.

Attachments

• 20180910_125905.jpg
    20180910_125905.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 73
  • Love
Reactions: WattMobile
What brand of mats are those Anzir ? and how do you like them ?

These are Hexomat all-weather mats from Autoanything.

Intro-Tech Automotive HEXOMAT Floor Mats

It is very similar to the ToughPro mats that everyone gets off of Amazon, except these are usually on sale 20% off. So the front and rear together cost me around $85. I like the hexagons because they contain spills and crumbs to a smaller area so it's easy to vacuum. The fit on the deadpedal is ever so off to the right on mine but it doesn't bother me. I would recommend them but don't get them unless they're on sale. I don't know if they have 7-seater options like ToughPro.

Attachments

• 20180910_184126.jpg
    20180910_184126.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 47
These are Hexomat all-weather mats from Autoanything.

Intro-Tech Automotive HEXOMAT Floor Mats

It is very similar to the ToughPro mats that everyone gets off of Amazon, except these are usually on sale 20% off. So the front and rear together cost me around $85. I like the hexagons because they contain spills and crumbs to a smaller area so it's easy to vacuum. The fit on the deadpedal is ever so off to the right on mine but it doesn't bother me. I would recommend them but don't get them unless they're on sale. I don't know if they have 7-seater options like ToughPro.
Thanks Anzir! Do you find the hex patterns at the edges of the mat allow water to run onto the carpet underneath ? As I noticed the edges don’t have a lip.

Also any idea how they compare to the Tesla mats ?

Thanks Anzir! Do you find the hex patterns at the edges of the mat allow water to run onto the carpet underneath ? As I noticed the edges don’t have a lip.

Also any idea how they compare to the Tesla mats ?

Yes, because they don't have a lip they will not stop something from flowing from the last hexagons to the carpet underneath. That being said, ALL the other hexes stop liquid from getting to that point anyway, so the only way the carpet can get wet is if something is spilled on the ledge. For all weather mats, these look much better because they have texture that normal (including Tesla's, which are made by WeatherTech) all weather mats don't have. Most are flat with some thin lines to collect snow or dirt, but the flatness makes them look cheaper in my opinion. But because they are flat, the lips need to be raised to prevent liquids from flowing from the center of the mat to the edge. The hexes prevent that.

I have heard folks complain that the hexes trap too much crumbs and stuff with small kids. I'd say that's the reason to have them, and vacuuming every once in a while will keep the floors looking new.

Reactions: Tes La Ferrari