Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
suspect that even if you ordered the 100kWh after delivery, it would take forever to get to HK given track record of local service.
if you're really dumping money for the 100 pack just drive your P90D and enjoy it for a while, when the 100 pack arrives your car will feel brand new again.

Don't think they would be capable to swap the battery in HK ... So either they let me upgrade (before delivery, they are checking and don't have much info yet as it was only yesterday it was announced), or I save 10K
HK Service has to be able to swap batteries. What are they going to do with a car that has a battery fault? Send it back to the States? I think not.

Obviously, it will take HK staff some time to figure out how the upgrade for in-transit cars is going to work. I would expect up to 50% of P90D in transit to upgrade. Tesla should have anticipated this.

Tesla should be able to swap the battery for sure, there is a Tesla pilot battery swap station in the past which can do this in less than 5minutes. Not sure if P100DL needs upgrading other than battery though...

You should enjoy P90DL for a while before swapping for 100 battery so the battery feels new. BUT your car could well be built with the 100 battery already and for the extra money, it's an OTA software update to unlock its 100 potential and speed demon...

Where I live, I am pretty much never in a good traffic or road situation that would allow me to "open up" the P90DL. I have to hunt for such roads and usually at odd times of the day or evening.

27Ludicrous, your location says USA.... where are you within the USA that needs ocean shipping? HI or PR?