Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P100DL - 2 Different Rear Wheel Sizes !!

Just got my wheels back from having them powdercoated gloss black and when they were mounting the tires back on they noticed the rear wheels were 2 different sizes and offsets. 20x9.5 +40mm and 20x10 +35mm!! And no it is not front vs rear because the fronts are 20x9 which were correct. Installer was advised to make sure the correct tires went on the right rim and this is how they found the different wheel sizing.Now i have to bring them back to tesla and see what they say. Does anyone know of any running changes they had for the rear wheels? I have a Dec 2018 x p100dl. Took delivery in June. Hope i dont have any issues getting them to fix this and hopefully get reimbursed for having them powdercoated again. Smh part numbers 102724500c & 102722500a. Anyone know if the performance are suppose to have the 20 × 10 ?

HugoBoss

Aug 4, 2017
Kleinburgh
2018 build should be 9.5 for the rears. Not sure exactly when the change was but my 2017 build already had 9.5 rear. Seems weird that Tesla would still have a 10" rear rim lying around the factory when you got built.
Maybe tire place mixed it up with someone else's rims.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC