Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P100DL and New Drive Unit Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a very good deal on a Model X P100DL I am looking at right now(someone backed out of their order). The car was built in June and has the VIN in the 500xx range.
With the current ongoing discussion of the DU00/DU01, my question is that does this car have the new drive unit? If not, would the acceleration be less than P100DLs manufactured after 07/01? I could not find any information regarding DUs on the performance models but only the 75/85s. I would rather order a new one if there is a performance increase comes with the new DUs.
Thanks in advance for any input.

All P100Ds are upgraded with Ludicrous and spec at the current 0-60 2.9 sec. There are quite a few of those cars out there right now, but the inventory is going to vanish quickly - they are actually pre-built "new inventory" from Tesla - the one I was looking at this same time last week was over $160K and on Friday morning it dropped to $145K....so happy!!

If you use an inventory search that will parse the DU00 code tool (EV-CPO.com\hunter does) you can see that about hundred (a fifth) of the current X75D and X100D cars in US inventory have the new drive unit. About sixty (or half) the performance cars have DU01.

The lowest performance VIN that has the new drive unit is 051400. But 051553 does not have it. Some of the highest VINs without it are 054192, 054288 and 054572, after which every car above (thirteen total) have DU01.

Last edited:
Reactions: HankLloydRight