Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P100DL with full Xpel Stealth wrap is finally here!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks great!

1. Can you give the approximate cost of your wrap?

2. Has anyone seen any infor/data of the affect the wrap has upon the sensors (those embedded in door panels, roof, etc; not the circular ones the detailed can just cut around)?

The Black/Black P100D arrived a few days ago and I decided to get a full Xpel Stealth/Trim blackout package. I just got it back and couldn't be happier. The stealth gives is an amazing unique satin sheen, and with the trim blacked out, it totally changes the appearance of the car. For wheels, I didn't want to go all the way to the harsh 22", so I compromised at a 21" flow forged MRR FS01. They only weigh 26lbs vs. Tesla's 22" 41lb, so I don't think I'll take any range hit. I also used Pirelli Verde Scorpions which have a really low rolling resistance. I never saw a stealth wrapped car in person before so I was nervous, but I couldn't be happier. Tweaks inside are some floor mats from formytesla and bright led's from abstract ocean. Tony cView attachment 208477 View attachment 208478 View attachment 208479 View attachment 208480 View attachment 208481 View attachment 208482 View attachment 208483 View attachment 208484
Did you wrap the trim or plastic dip? I'm about to black out my trim and im having a hard time deciding between the two.

The Black/Black P100D arrived a few days ago and I decided to get a full Xpel Stealth/Trim blackout package. I just got it back and couldn't be happier. The stealth gives is an amazing unique satin sheen, and with the trim blacked out, it totally changes the appearance of the car. For wheels, I didn't want to go all the way to the harsh 22", so I compromised at a 21" flow forged MRR FS01. They only weigh 26lbs vs. Tesla's 22" 41lb, so I don't think I'll take any range hit. I also used Pirelli Verde Scorpions which have a really low rolling resistance. I never saw a stealth wrapped car in person before so I was nervous, but I couldn't be happier. Tweaks inside are some floor mats from formytesla and bright led's from abstract ocean. Tony cView attachment 208477 View attachment 208478 View attachment 208479 View attachment 208480 View attachment 208481 View attachment 208482 View attachment 208483 View attachment 208484
Beautiful!! We see a Merc around here with the stealth and salivate over it. Congrats!!

Reactions: acaciolo
Really like your X and great job on that! I'm planning to get your wheels as well after seeing your pics. Do you have 21x8.5 front and 21x10 rear? I'm thinking to get 20s and they only have 20x8.5 or 20x9.5 and 20x10. I'm not sure what combination I should get. Also did the tesla center cap fit with the wheels? I saw yours have those and they look nice.
. 21x9 for front, 21x10.5 for rear. I had 3d stickers made for the logos since the center caps didn't fit.

Well done! :cool:
Can you comment on the range improvement due to the lighter wheels that save 15 lbs from the stock OEM wheels?

The Black/Black P100D arrived a few days ago and I decided to get a full Xpel Stealth/Trim blackout package. I just got it back and couldn't be happier. The stealth gives is an amazing unique satin sheen, and with the trim blacked out, it totally changes the appearance of the car.
For wheels, I didn't want to go all the way to the harsh 22", so I compromised at a 21" flow forged MRR FS01. They only weigh 26lbs vs. Tesla's 22" 41lb, so I don't think I'll take any range hit. I also used Pirelli Verde Scorpions which have a really low rolling resistance. I never saw a stealth wrapped car in person before so I was nervous, but I couldn't be happier. Tweaks inside are some floor mats from formytesla and bright led's from abstract ocean. Tony c

Cam you tell me what your wh/mileage has been avg? I have the 22's and lucky to get 385-390 over a 200 mile drive, and at that point I'm out of battery. Real bummer the wheels take range down so badly. Was thinking of going to the 20's but I don't like the look so much, hoping to get the arachnid wheels but they're hard to get.

I still think the car looks amazing!

Unfortunately, a car with windows tinted like that would be illegal in the UK. Out of interest, what are the laws like in the US?

It varies by state. Some allow for low light transmition percentages for the rear passenger windows and rear windows. Others (typically in very sunny states) allow this for the front passenger and driver windows as well.

Some can also get medical clearance for the tint.

Also, there may be some stipulation for factory tinted windows vs aftermarket window film. I need to check that.

I still think the car looks amazing!

Unfortunately, a car with windows tinted like that would be illegal in the UK. Out of interest, what are the laws like in the US?

Usually illegal here too but the police very very rarely ticket for that and would only ticket if you get stopped for something else. And i've been stopped and they mentioned the windows but never ticketed.

Reactions: arijaycomet
DeLorean and X owner here as well.

Attachments

• IMG_20160820_041913.jpg
    IMG_20160820_041913.jpg
    577 KB · Views: 140