Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P100DL with the lot price reduced (for new) $25k in 18 months?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it true that the price of a new model X P100DL with everything (premium, premium sound, subzero, 6 seat, tow package, 22" wheels, FSD) was $167,500 and is now $142,500 or am I missing something?

I have such a leased vehicle and I'm looking to get rid of it (halfway through the lease, we have 2 other Teslas) and I was hoping to find someone to buy it out from Tesla (at $118k current buyout price, with around 20k miles on it currently) but given the price drop for a new vehicle I'm guessing I might as well just hand it back to Tesla early instead... I don't think I have much chance of finding a buyer?

From the original:
Model X P100D: $128k after tax credit, so actually $135,500
Midnight silver paint: $1k
22" wheels: $5,500
White interior: $3,300
Six seat interior: $3,000
EAP: $5k
FSD: $3k
Premium upgrades: $4,500
Premium sound: $2,500
Subzero: $1,000
Tow Package: $2000 (I got this afterwards from Tesla, I believe it might have been $2k at the time of order?)
Fees: $1,200
Total: 167,500

Looking at the order page now:
Model X P100DL: $104,950 after tax credit, so actually $119k (down $16,500)
Silver metalic: $1500 (this one went up $500)
22" wheels: $5,500
white interior: $0 (down from $3,300)?
Subzero: $0 (I guess rolled into the 6 seat interior price?)
Six seat interior: $6,000 (up from $3k)
Premium sound: not an option, included?
AP: $3k
FSD: $5k
Fees: $1200
Total: $141,200k
The tow package doesn't seem to be available as part of the order, I guess it is not included and you need to order later for $1,250?
Total including towing: $142,450

Difference: $25,050
Is that accurate or am I missing something (like premium sound)?

I get the feeling that if the new price hadn't decreased so much then selling an 18 month old $167,500 car for $117,500 (i.e. $50k off) would be easy. However with the new price dropping $25k I doubt I will find anyone wanting to only have a $25k discount for an 18 month old car with 20k miles on it (and also they wouldn't get government incentives which would total $8k in CO). Hence I shouldn't bother even trying to sell it? Or is there something I'm missing?

The difference is substantially more than $25k because Tesla has new inventory (old pricing) X P100D’s discounted up to $40k off and available tax credits. With 20,000 miles if someone is will to pay the $118k buyout then they deserve to be parted with their money. Tow package is less than a grand.

The subzero package, premium sound, premium upgrade, and tow package are all standard since around Aug 2018.

Thanks, I had the feeling that these are included now.

why not find someone to takeover the lease? fully loaded Performance is still coming out to over $2,000/mo on lease, so if you offer yours for less, you can get rid of it that way.

This would be ideal... however in this case it already is a lease transfer from someone else (I found it on TMC) and at the time I don't think Tesla allowed a second lease transfer of the same car. The previous leasee paid a big downpayment so the monthly is a bit over $1700 + sales tax.

The difference is substantially more than $25k because Tesla has new inventory (old pricing) X P100D’s discounted up to $40k off and available tax credits. With 20,000 miles if someone is will to pay the $118k buyout then they deserve to be parted with their money. Tow package is less than a grand.

I had looked at the used ones online both ev-cpo and autotrader etc and didn't see much in the way of used ludicrous P100D on the market... and the ones on Autotrader had asking price around $125k.
However, now that I look at new inventory, I see what you mean...
Model X P100D 5YJXCBE41JF096267 | Tesla
is P100D ludicrous and in CO after rebates likely $109k... 22" wheels, 6 seats, EAP...
If that car hasn't been repriced in the last week (and I doubt they have adjusted for this) it might drop another $10k with the new car repricing that has just been announced.

Compared to that my car has FSD paid for, tow package, an additional winter wheel/tire package ... and is 18 months older with close to 20k miles. If I were buying my car today I wouldn't pay more than $100k.

I've learned more about early lease returns with Tesla... basically they get a trade in price for the vehicle and you pay the difference between that and the buyout price. So my options could be:
* Get a trade in price of $90k and pay out $28k between that and the buyout price (no thanks). This could get $10k worse if the repricing hasn't filtered through.
* Sell to a third party for $100k if I'm really lucky and pay $18k+tax=$20k difference. This could get $10k worse if the repricing hasn't filtered through.
* Just keep the car for the ~15 months remaining and pay $27k (inc tax) + insurance + registration and drive it a bunch in the meantime (I think there are 25k miles left on the lease).
The amount I will save in depreciation on my 3 by driving the X instead should make the last option worthwhile... unless I can score a lease transfer.

Ironically when I got the car I didn't actually want to lease it (purchase instead) but now that prices have dropped so much I guess I'm much better off having leased. The residual value on my car is north of $90k, so someone (Tesla Finance?) will take a financial bath when they take back the leases at the end of the lease period. Someone will likely lose $20k per car that is returned.

So my plan:
Call tesla finance on monday to see if they will allow a lease transfer.
See what Tesla's trade in is... just in case it is $110k or something (unlikely).
Then just go with the last option above.

• Informative
Reactions: alloverx
Thanks, I had the feeling that these are included now.

I had looked at the used ones online both ev-cpo and autotrader etc and didn't see much in the way of used ludicrous P100D on the market... and the ones on Autotrader had asking price around $125k.
However, now that I look at new inventory, I see what you mean...
Model X P100D 5YJXCBE41JF096267 | Tesla
is P100D ludicrous and in CO after rebates likely $109k... 22" wheels, 6 seats, EAP...

The $125k cars on Autotrader will just sit there unless a naive buyer comes along. The $40,000 discounted inventory cars at Tesla are good deals to lease, much better than ordered ones at the same price because of the higher residual value based on the higher MSRP makes the lease cheap.

I just placed an order for an inventory new car 2018 Model X P100DL with 2106 miles after $40K price adjustment after Tesla reduced the price for additional $10K yesterday. This car have all the features Tesla offer including FSD. The final price about $100K. Better order one now before price goes up tomorrow.

I just placed an order for an inventory new car 2018 Model X P100DL with 2106 miles after $40K price adjustment after Tesla reduced the price for additional $10K yesterday. This car have all the features Tesla offer including FSD. The final price about $100K. Better order one now before price goes up tomorrow.

Were the leasing numbers good?

I did the same ($42k discount). Got word back tonight from my sales associate that the finance team said the car wasn't eligible for leasing as the monthly cost was too low. Ordered a MS P100D at the same time with a discount of $38k and the message was the same, also not eligible. Really bummed out about this, let me know how it goes for you. After removing Ludicrous the buy price is so low that I'm tempted to just buy the Model X outright.

I did the same ($42k discount). Got word back tonight from my sales associate that the finance team said the car wasn't eligible for leasing as the monthly cost was too low. Ordered a MS P100D at the same time with a discount of $38k and the message was the same, also not eligible. Really bummed out about this, let me know how it goes for you. After removing Ludicrous the buy price is so low that I'm tempted to just buy the Model X outright.

Really? Interesting that they are not allowing leasing. They have previously done leasing on +$40k adjusted cars.

True but that was before their big price adjustment. At 56% residual the value at the end of a 24 month lease would be $85.4k, I don't think the car is worth that now that the prices are lower. Let me know what you hear, my order hasn't been cancelled yet as I'm looking at options.