TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

P100DL

Discussion in 'Future Cars' started by silver surfer, Mar 7, 2016.

1. silver surfer

silver surfer Member

Any further word on the P100D and P100DL models. News just hit the streets this morning and it has not been denied by Elon. Any estimation dates of availability?

2. DougH

DougH Active Member

I am waiting for it to be released then I will order it, not with L though.

3. sandpiper

sandpiper Active Member

I don't think that you will have a choice. I doubt that there will be a non-L P100D

4. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Member

Not sure there is really any news here. It has been Elon's long stated policy that he will constantly improve his cars, and that included better battery range. Said we might expect something in the 5% a year range. Also advised not to be constantly trading in slightly used vehicles to get the next larger battery, and they will probably be enhanced again in the nearer future (soon)

Someone decoded some Tesla data and unveiled the image of a P100D badge and splashed it up on the forum. Tesla did not deny that it is in the planning stage, but lots of people are trying to read more into it than is known.

Fun stuff indeed, but believe it is just in the normal course of events.

As electric vehicles advance it will be normal to see them improve in many areas, including battery storage and range.

5. jaguar36

jaguar36 Member

There isn't any further information beyond just the mention of it in the firmware that was found by WK057 last week. Could still be many months out.

It will likely replace the 90 battery completely, so there will be a P100D, with and with L as well as a regular 100D. Hopefully the RWD 100 will make a return too, that'd be awesome.

6. malcolm

malcolm Active Member

Shift the S and X to 100 and 90, leaving 70(?) and 80(??) for the 3.

7. LargeHamCollider

LargeHamCollider Battery cells != scalable

90 and 100 are too close to each other, more likely to get something like a 100 and a 75 with the S/X and a 55 and a 75 with the 3.

• Like x 1
  8. Electric Jupiter

Oh jeez, those are some big batteries, although, in 20 years though become obsolete because they will be so cheap

9. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Zero FX Stealthfighter

I am confused on what the L stands for.

• Like x 1
  10. ZBB

ZBB Emperor

L = Ludicrous Mode

Its an option on the P90D... Cars with an underline on the badge have Ludicrous mode on them -- i.e. P90D

11. 2virgule5

2virgule5 Member

Ludicrous maybe ? ;)