Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3 Autocross

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everyone knows miata's are cheating for autox. Aside from that, wow, this thing is a slalom machine! And on all seasons no less! Throw on some proper tires and elons special track mode sauce (whenever it comes out) and they'll have to make a new class for these things...also, Elon...give me the the track mode sauce for my LR so I can ditch my ice track car!

It is a P3+ so I was running on the Cup tires, that being said, the people in front of me were running on 200 tread wear proper autocross tires. There were some good drivers and very well prepared cars at this event. The video was one of my earlier slower runs, kept forgetting to turn on camera. I was amazed how much the stability control let me move the car around. The one complaint I had was when you rotate the wheel past a certain point it is like an off switch for power. This really hurt my times in the two slow sweeper corners, I could not get the car to rotate. I tried going in slow, tried tossing it into the corner, it just doesn't like high input angles.
I have only had the car for 4 days so have made no changes. I plan on putting as much camber in the front as I can get, some 19" wheels with wider proper autocross tires. Give me track mode and this thing is going to be a beast.

It is a P3+ so I was running on the Cup tires, that being said, the people in front of me were running on 200 tread wear proper autocross tires. There were some good drivers and very well prepared cars at this event. The video was one of my earlier slower runs, kept forgetting to turn on camera. I was amazed how much the stability control let me move the car around. The one complaint I had was when you rotate the wheel past a certain point it is like an off switch for power. This really hurt my times in the two slow sweeper corners, I could not get the car to rotate. I tried going in slow, tried tossing it into the corner, it just doesn't like high input angles.
I have only had the car for 4 days so have made no changes. I plan on putting as much camber in the front as I can get, some 19" wheels with wider proper autocross tires. Give me track mode and this thing is going to be a beast.
Pilot sport cup or the stock pilot super sport 4s?
There is no camber adjustment front or rear on the Model 3. How much outside edge wear did you get?

Pilot sport cup or the stock pilot super sport 4s?
There is no camber adjustment front or rear on the Model 3. How much outside edge wear did you get?

Sorry, 4s. I have been told you can get some camber, still looking into it. I ran the pressures at 45 to try and lessen the roll and avoid to much abuse to the edges. All and all not bad edge wear considering. I will try and get a picture up.

• Informative
Reactions: DR61 and SD_Engnr
IMG_20181001_103621.jpg
IMG_20181001_103606.jpg

Reactions: Gavyne
Sorry, 4s. I have been told you can get some camber, still looking into it. I ran the pressures at 45 to try and lessen the roll and avoid to much abuse to the edges. All and all not bad edge wear considering. I will try and get a picture up.
Mountain Pass Performance makes adjustable camber links for the rear but there's nothing for the front. That wear on the sidewall doesn't look great! Hopefully someone will come up with some sort of solution. You can dismount and swap the tires to get a bit more life out of them once the outside edge wears off.