Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3 Brake Job

SD_Engnr

Mar 24, 2016
San Diego
Hmm...I either didn't have one of those or didn't notice it. Dumped the stock pads a few weeks ago so I guess I won't be finding out either :(
They were very well attached to the pad, and required patience, a sharp blade, elbow grease, and a beer.
20191226_151059.jpg

destructure00

Mar 2, 2019
Scottsdale, AZ
***PSA***

You can retract or extend the EPB piston by hooking up 12v power source to the contacts inside of the plug of the EPB motor. On the Performance red caliper the plug is square on one side. To retract the inner piston, connect (-) ground to the contact close to the square side while connect (+) to the contact at the round end of the plug. To extend the inner piston, switch the polarity. There is no auto stop on the motor, so pay attention to the sound of the motor when it is at end of its travel on retraction. Break the circuit when you hear the sound change.

Just to add to this PSA, a standard household 9v battery works as a power source to retract the piston using this method.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC