Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3 Test Drive Mini-Review (Comparison with 3LR)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sleeping on it ... and then picking up my P3 tomorrow afternoon! Today was my last chance to change my mind, and it did anything but.

We actually drove Old Topanga Canyon Road ... far better curves ... far less traffic. Same road that Franz took with Car & Driver last summer.

AWD definitely felt more composed and secure around those curves than RWD. With RWD, traction control has to kick in to prevent slippage. With AWD, the power can keep coming on safely. Same as with the dual-motor versions of Model S.

P has no effect on that. It merely allows higher output from the motors. After driving the P, I could definitely feel how 0-20 has been nerfed in the LR.

Best bang for the buck is the AWD.

Best bang is the P.

And, best road trip range is the RWD LR.

Yes! I felt the RWD 0-20 was nerfed as well! Compared to a P85D I tested a few years back.

I was gonna order the non-P AWD this week, but now worried that the 0-20 will be nerfed as well unless I get the Performance version.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
I am having such a hard time deciding what do to.
I currently own a RWD vin 65xx very happy with it! No EAP no FSD. Will sell it to get AWD.

I Placed a AWD order with EAP and FSD
I wanted to get dual motor for better handling, slightly faster ACCView attachment 318724 View attachment 318725 View attachment 318726

. I was hoping for white interior but that is not an option.

Decisions decisions
Beautiful!

Anyway, now they do offer white interior. If I had opportunity to buy now, I like the all-white interior (and I want to try blue exterior).