Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3 Upgrade Next?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most of what I've read is the 3P doesn't have much more to give

Though I expect if that's wrong and there IS something comparable to the acceleration boost that knocks a half second off the 0-60 you won't be seeing it at all until after the Plaid Model S is out and they wouldn't want there be to nearly no quickness gap between a P3D and a P100D

Though I expect if that's wrong and there IS something comparable to the acceleration boost that knocks a half second off the 0-60 you won't be seeing it at all until after the Plaid Model S is out and they wouldn't want there be to nearly no quickness gap between a P3D and a P100D

I don't know. That seems like leaving money on the table. Most sales are Model 3s anyway at this point, so it arguably makes more sense to make these cars as compelling as possible.

In it’s current configuration: the P3D is about maxed out and in reality probably running ragged already if you want to talk about voltage sag.

I find these “range boost” boasts hilarious though.

• Disagree
Reactions: anon125110
I don't know. That seems like leaving money on the table. Most sales are Model 3s anyway at this point, so it arguably makes more sense to make these cars as compelling as possible.

I agree that Tesla will not leave the 3 behind as it's a huge part of the sales now, but they don't necessarily need to add more speed to increase ASP. We've seen the new forged performance wheels that are likely coming soon and also heard about a potential track mode package in the past.

If they released a new version with those wheels, better brake pads, and Cup 2 tires + ludicrous mode....my god.

I agree that Tesla will not leave the 3 behind as it's a huge part of the sales now, but they don't necessarily need to add more speed to increase ASP. We've seen the new forged performance wheels that are likely coming soon and also heard about a potential track mode package in the past.

If they released a new version with those wheels, better brake pads, and Cup 2 tires + ludicrous mode....my god.

I really don't foresee a new Model 3 Performance quite yet. It's too soon in the life cycle, and it's really only just recently shipping all over the world. It would be a shame, though, if we don't see more performance added to it over the air, especially since the LR AWD with Boost software update is really, really competent, - at least in a straight line.

none of that helps current owners.

I’m not even necessarily talking about speed. The P3 is already dumb quick and more than enough for everyday driving. I just mean an OTA update that’s exclusive to the P3 (at least for a little while) that’s cool and/or useful.

There’s no real incentive to make the P3 any quicker because it’s already only competing with itself. If I were Tesla I wouldn’t add any more speed unless the new BMW M3/RS/AMG etc. can come close to the current performance. And if they do I would make it a free upgrade because they’re already in the same price range.

It would be nice if they added more top end though.

There’s no real incentive to make the P3 any quicker because it’s already only competing with itself. If I were Tesla I wouldn’t add any more speed unless the new BMW M3/RS/AMG etc. can come close to the current performance. And if they do I would make it a free upgrade because they’re already in the same price range.

It's competing with the LR AWD.

there is a newer video on YouTube where the new RS6 destroys the P3D+

looks like at least a car length (1/4)

there is a newer video on YouTube where the new RS6 destroys the P3D+

looks like at least a car length (1/4)

Yeah, the Audi RS6 with its V8 engine is just a hair quicker. And it probably should be considering it's only EPA rated at, get this, 15 MPG city / 22 MPG highway! In the real world, most owners are only getting 15-17 mpg! That's what my Ford F-150 gets and it's not a happy situation!

Reactions: Kennymb5384
That we're putting the 3 Performance up against cars TWICE THE PRICE tells you everything you need to know. I can't think of any time in history we've been doing SERIOUS races between two cars, one costing literally double the other.

Bravo, Tesla. Bravo.

Agreed. I had no idea there were any Audi's with a starting base price of $115,000! You need to spend more to get the best performance and many features that are standard on the P3D. The P3D beats it from 0 to any legal speed.

And it needs regular $ervicing and drinks gas like a drunken sailor.

Bravo Tesla is right! Anyone who says Tesla's are expensive is not comparing them to comparable cars!