Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D- 5k refund, second check.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny this came after the FSD fiasco, but I was recently issued a second check for the tax on the 5k refund / FUSC exchange.
Anyone else get something similar?

Now I have to re-do all my calculations! :D

So kinda like $400 towards the FSD price, only well not really but sorta!

• Informative
Reactions: S4WRXTTCS
Funny this came after the FSD fiasco, but I was recently issued a second check for the tax on the 5k refund / FUSC exchange.
Anyone else get something similar?

Now I have to re-do all my calculations! :D

So kinda like $400 towards the FSD price, only well not really but sorta!

Yep. A check for $387.5 showed up in the mail yesterday (7.75% sales tax).

I was thinking of keeping FUSC...(still haven't requested), now with all the pricing changes the difference just feels too great to keep....
Probably best to do it before they revoke the offer, or offer less! Getting the tax back was unexpected as well as the 5k, I would have been happy with them just adding FSD at the time since technically they didn't owe us anything.

Reactions: SD_Engnr
Yea, they didn't "owe" us $5k, getting a tax refund on the $5k may push me over the edge to spend $2k for FSD.
I would have accepted FSD, but U don't think I will buy it at 2k the way pricing keeps changing. Plus That's 2k more than others have to pay. I'll wait until it actually exists. Something could happen any day and your car gets totalled etc. I don't think it is transferable...

I would have accepted FSD, but U don't think I will buy it at 2k the way pricing keeps changing. Plus That's 2k more than others have to pay. I'll wait until it actually exists. Something could happen any day and your car gets totalled etc. I don't think it is transferable...

It's not transferrable to my knowledge, but I'm sure you'd factor that into an insurance claim in that event.

I am not anticipating selling the car, and I know I will get super jealous once people start getting new updates that I do not. My concern is that once features roll out and people start getting updates, more will want to add it... and Tesla would have no reason to keep the price low.

I could just be buying into the hype though.

It's not transferrable to my knowledge, but I'm sure you'd factor that into an insurance claim in that event.

I am not anticipating selling the car, and I know I will get super jealous once people start getting new updates that I do not. My concern is that once features roll out and people start getting updates, more will want to add it... and Tesla would have no reason to keep the price low.

I could just be buying into the hype though.
At least at the point you would be paying for something that exists, even if it is more :cool: