Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D+ Acceleration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do miss a good V8 exhaust note from time to time but as a performance enthusiast it is so weird for a car to be this quick with so little drama. It kind of ruins it for all other cars. One of the greatest things about the M3 is how versatile it is, fast, no gas, less maintenance, more comfortable, etc. I don't know if I could ever go back to an ICE based car again at this point.

Yep. We for sure couldn't go back. My wife loves her model 3 performance just as much as I love mine. It can be a super smooth Cruisemobile or an electric Ferrari. Whatever you're in the mood for.

And then there's the no maintenance thing, and the super cheap daily operation. And if you get tired of best-in-class performance, there's always best-in-class safety both active and passive. The car really is a collective and deceptive work of genius with so many individual groundbreaking achievements all rolled into one amazing package. Definitely the best car ever and with the MPP Sports coilovers, it's even better, and you can set it up to be really smooth riding like stock or a real track machine

All I need now is a software patch that unlocks another 50 horsepower.:p:p

Last edited:

Attachments

• 20190723_122732.jpg
    20190723_122732.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 135
  • 20190723_122740.jpg
    20190723_122740.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 109
  • 20190723_122758.jpg
    20190723_122758.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 110
I notice the same thing. I have a P3D - light (no perf package) with the 19 inch wheels. It doesn't really bother me since I'm usually rolling a little before I punch it - my opinion (which isn't fact) is rolling starts seem to be less stressful on the car.

I take back what I said about the lighter wheels not making a big difference on efficiency and that it was mostly in the tires.

I forgot one big factor about NEW tires and that is breaking them in. Now that I have 1000+ miles on these new 235/45/18 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires, I am seeing a significant increase in efficiency.

I don't have any hard numbers but I would guestimate around 15-20 Wh/mi less with this lightweight wheel tire combination (41 lbs) compared to the heavy OEM 20" setup (53 lbs) on my usual 34 mile mostly highway route to work.

The OEM tires were definitely quieter however.

Reactions: dfwatt
I take back what I said about the lighter wheels not making a big difference on efficiency and that it was mostly in the tires.

I forgot one big factor about NEW tires and that is breaking them in. Now that I have 1000+ miles on these new 235/45/18 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires, I am seeing a significant increase in efficiency.

I don't have any hard numbers but I would guestimate around 15-20 Wh/mi less with this lightweight wheel tire combination (41 lbs) compared to the heavy OEM 20" setup (53 lbs) on my usual 34 mile mostly highway route to work.

Interesting given how many people have trashed the acoustic foam as offering no meaningful improvements.

Has the question been answered then, Is the P3D- 18 aeros faster than P3D 20 sport at 0-60 times?
It would seem yes?