TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

P3D+ BLACK/BLACK status

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by sandkkoenig, Jul 30, 2018.

1. sandkkoenig

sandkkoenig Member

This variant seems to have eluded the assembly line thus far. Mostly due to black interior not being used in the P+ yet? Any news will help ease the anxiety.

2. loganthefirst

loganthefirst Member

We are all waiting with you, my friend. Haven't seen a SINGLE delivery of Obsidian Black Metallic. Performance, RWD, AWD, nothing. Just sitting here on the thumb trying to enjoy the wait :(

• Like x 1
  3. Packerfan735

Packerfan735 Member

It looks like most Performance Models delivered have had white interiors with the Performance Upgrade Package, or black interior without the Performance Upgrade Package. I'm still waiting for my black interior with the Performance Upgrade Package, so I shall continue to wait.

• Like x 4
  4. sandkkoenig

sandkkoenig Member

6DB5732A-8DAD-4206-B7EA-9BE14D918FDE.jpeg I thought we would be in good shape seeing only 6 white seats in this photo

5. brando1985

brando1985 Member

I'm scheduled for delivery on my red P3D (without performance package) with black interior on 8/6.

6. outie

outie Active Member

Right, P3s without Performance Upgrade Package with black interior are getting delivered. We are talking about cars with the $5k package w/ black interior.

7. Skateboardgolf

My order was confirmed for a black/black P3D+ with performance package June 30th.
    Can't wait!

• Like x 1
  8. joshk6656

joshk6656 Member

Did they call you and tell you that a vin was assigned and give a delivery date? Edit button gone?

9. sandkkoenig

sandkkoenig Member

#9 sandkkoenig, Jul 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    Im guessing this was a confirmation late June like everyone else but no VIN. It seems odd that Tesla would skip over the P3D+ Black to build the P3D Black, from a profitability standpoint, especially if they are maintaining the "build the cars with the most profit margin" theme. They have the parts to build the P3D+ Black if they are building cars on both sides of it.

10. jsrawa

jsrawa Member

I too haven't seen proof of a single Obsidian Black produced yet, wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait longer just because of the color choice.