Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D+ compatible wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There have been a few spots in other discussions where it is touched on, but I thought it would be nice to compile a list of wheels that have been verified to fit the bore required to fit on the P3D+. I get the impression that it might be tricky, but maybe not as bad as I think.

I am looking to get some winter wheels and tires, so I am hoping to get it down to 18”. I will be test fitting the TSW Chicane wheels this weekend (the model vehicle is a 3 in my color).

Some suggested guidelines:
Only list it here if you have personally verified the fitment. Try not to add repeats if possible.

So far the only wheels that I have heard as verified is the TST wheels, down to 18”, but if someone can personally verify that, it would be good.

Which winter 19" tires do you plan to use for trips to the snow?

I was going to buy a set of Nokian WRG4, 255/40/19. Not a true snow tire, an all weather since I'm in san diego and needed a tire that stood up to heat as well. There are plenty of true snow tires (blizzak, hakkipelletta, etc) in the 19" size.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/Tire...9&rearWidth=255/&rearRatio=40&rearDiameter=17

However with how big that tire is and people telling me narrow is better, plus finding some pictures of the TST 18", I'm going to go with the 18" TST rims and the 235/45-18 Nokian WRG4s. Plenty of sidewall height there

Reactions: Xpress
There have been a few spots in other discussions where it is touched on, but I thought it would be nice to compile a list of wheels that have been verified to fit the bore required to fit on the P3D+. I get the impression that it might be tricky, but maybe not as bad as I think.

I am looking to get some winter wheels and tires, so I am hoping to get it down to 18”. I will be test fitting the TSW Chicane wheels this weekend (the model vehicle is a 3 in my color).

Some suggested guidelines:
Only list it here if you have personally verified the fitment. Try not to add repeats if possible.

So far the only wheels that I have heard as verified is the TST wheels, down to 18”, but if someone can personally verify that, it would be good.

I'm planning on getting a set of TST 18" wheels unless better options come in (aero coommmon?)

Is this enough proof for 18" on a P3D+?

I did a test fitting of The TSW wheels. It almost fits the 18”, but it would definitely rub.
The hub fit well. I would need a small hub spacer, but these type of wheels are designed to take a spacer.
Final build is:
  • TSW Chicane wheels in gunmetal
  • Blizzak LM 60 tires

TSW Nurburgring 19" Wheel/Tire Set Tesla Model 3

I just got these and they fit.
T3 new wheels 2.jpg

View attachment 341365 View attachment 341366 I got the TSW Chicane 19” with Blizzak LM001 winter tires put on last night. The hub ring needed to be grinded down longitudinaly by a few mm to accommodate the hub step, but they fit and look good.

What about the flair at the base of the hubcentric rings? Did you sand that off so it didn't hold the tire on top of the 3mm base of the hub?

I'm trying to figure out if I should get a 76mm-64.1mm or a 76mm-69.5mm for the base ring? Discount tire hasn't been a lot of help.

What about the flair at the base of the hubcentric rings? Did you sand that off so it didn't hold the tire on top of the 3mm base of the hub?

I'm trying to figure out if I should get a 76mm-64.1mm or a 76mm-69.5mm for the base ring? Discount tire hasn't been a lot of help.
The TSW wheels have a big bore of seventy something mm and you use a hub spacer to shrink it down for centering. The spacer it came with could only get pushed in exactly flush with the back of the wheel, so it would not accommodate for the step on the hub. The tire shop grinded down the spacer to allow for the step to fit inside the wider part of the wheel.

That sounds complicated, but it makes sense. I will get a picture when the put them in.

Here is a pic of the step on the hub and the step in the wheel for the spacer:

Attachments

• 0A81C7C4-DFD9-440E-9816-7047F18DE137.jpeg
    0A81C7C4-DFD9-440E-9816-7047F18DE137.jpeg
    272.9 KB · Views: 198
  • 07618544-9DED-4E83-8BCD-138EC1055AB1.jpeg
    07618544-9DED-4E83-8BCD-138EC1055AB1.jpeg
    390.7 KB · Views: 196
Hey thanks. That's what I was assuming would be the best option. I was also thinking about maybe getting a 69.5mm (size of the lower step) to 76mm (size of the tsw hub). Looks like that might work and not require grinding. I'll see what discount tire can figure out. I'm going to babysit them though and not let them just do something crazy, like not use the ring.

View attachment 341365 View attachment 341366 I got the TSW Chicane 19” with Blizzak LM001 winter tires put on last night. The hub ring needed to be grinded down longitudinaly by a few mm to accommodate the hub step, but they fit and look good.
Looking at your picts, my first thought was Littleton, CO. Seeing that your in Denver, close enough. Haven't lived there for 20 years, but still have great memories. Met my wife in LoDo (Lower Downtown).

Your winter tires give the 3 a nice rally car look. Me like.