Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D+ fastest 0-60 for cars under 60K?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why was 0-60 ever a thing? because 0-100kph is a nice even round number, and its a useful range of speed. (but just getting out of date due to how tremendously powerful cars are now)

Because the US foolishly refuses to accept the metric system, is a larger car market, is where the pony/muscle car boom began, and (autobahn excluded) tends to have more places that lend themselves to being stupid with cars and speed.

0-60 isn’t a good measure of speed because i haven’t seen one single car ever use launch control at a light. Or brake launch or dump the clutch at a light either. 5-60 is a better measure of actual stoplight speeds...of course Teslas dominate those times too :D

and now it's been posted, so the conversation should now be of a "hmm, I learned something today" tone, rather than doubling down on your position pre-link.

now you have current knowledge to be armed with in the conversation.

You're welcome for adding some context for you. It was awkward to see you piecing together scenarios where people were bringing 25 year old cars out to the track to race against a Model 3.

you jumped into a conversation that was based on an existing set of parameters, grounding your arguments on the assumptions of apriori knowledge gathered from your own blogging list.

its a useful link, should we crown you for it?

pretty awkward to assume your browser bookmark is prerequisite reading for any participation you intrude into.

you jumped into a conversation that was based on an existing set of parameters, grounding your arguments on the assumptions of apriori knowledge gathered from your own blogging list.

its a useful link, should we crown you for it?

pretty awkward to assume your browser bookmark is prerequisite reading for any participation you intrude into.

Shhhh. You were wrong. It happens to us all. The news of the Model 3 running close to F1 times in Japan was picked up by multiple outlets that cover Teslas and EVs.

It's not "my own blogging list".

When called out for being wrong, or not having all of the pertinent information, you went on the attack, rather than admitting that the new information changes your view of the conversation.

Are you in politics at all, by any chance? I think you'd be good at it.

Shhhh. You were wrong. It happens to us all. The news of the Model 3 running close to F1 times in Japan was picked up by multiple outlets that cover Teslas and EVs.

It's not "my own blogging list".

When called out for being wrong, or not having all of the pertinent information, you went on the attack, rather than admitting that the new information changes your view of the conversation.

Are you in politics at all, by any chance? I think you'd be good at it.

You didn't see me interrogate adrian or call him out based on his ambiguous post.

If you construed any of my prior responses as an attack, that's more on you and less on me.

And since you asked, im even less interested in politics than I am about reading electrick/teslarrari.

You didn't see me interrogate adrian or call him out based on his ambiguous post.

If you construed any of my prior responses as an attack, that's more on you and less on me.

And since you asked, im even less interested in politics than I am about reading electrick/teslarrari.

Yes. Proven wrong, attack the source. Very good. I think we're done here. Cheers.

EDIT: here....maybe you can find a source in there that YOU deem to be worthy.

Model 3 Japan F1 - Google Search

"Car A ran next to car B recently"

"I dont think car B would have ran in earnest"

"youre WRONG about car B because YOU DIDNT READ THIS BLOG. Please THANK ME for THE LINK"

Just pretend we all sent you a cookie through the internet. Fine?

Car B wasn't even there!!!!! Car A ran against Car B's HISTORICAL TIME AT THE F-ING TRACK....as proven by my link.

Now you're just being intentionally obtuse.

The "one trick pony" label is a leftover from the Model S in my opinion. The P85D, all the way up to the P100D for the most part, is at best a drag racer. It wallows through corners and favors comfort over tossability. The M3 is not that car though. I feel like all these articles about "Taycan vs Model S" are very off-track in that regard. The S is not the car that the Taycan or any other wannabe should be comparing to -- it's the Model 3 instead. Tesla is being careful not to say that to loudly as it will kill S sales, but I think most that have drive both a 3 and an S would agree. The 3 is far from a one-trick pony. Aside from engine noise -- which I don't miss at all -- it is way more fun than any Mustang or Civic.

Reactions: bhzmark
0-60 is mostly a useless metric. The P3D is a one-trick pony compared to ICE cars with similar 0-60 times. Those cars (generally speaking) will destroy it in virtually every handling metric (including how the car feels when you are pushing it).

I got SMOKED in my P3D recently on a ~35mph-100mph run against a GT-R. Was around 35F outside and I was on 80% SoC with winter tires on lightweight 18" wheels. I stayed level up to around 60mph, and then he pulled away steadily.

• Informative
Reactions: bhzmark
I got SMOKED in my P3D recently on a ~35mph-100mph run against a GT-R. Was around 35F outside and I was on 80% SoC with winter tires on lightweight 18" wheels. I stayed level up to around 60mph, and then he pulled away steadily.
Not really a legal real world situation there. Keep in mind the GT-R has higher horsepower and costs nearly twice as much.

Give me a 100 kWh Ludicrous Model 3 Performance and let me play. :) I'd trade up my P3D in a heartbeat if the price was right.

C8 corvette- which starts under 60 (just barely) and does 3 flat similar to the P3D (and 11.2 in the 1/4 mile, which is a tenth or two better than the P3D) would be fastest under 60k.

P3D second. (The Tesla is probably a touch easier to hit that time reliably but we don't have enough data on the vette yet to say what wizardry they worked on it)...
Auto X? pretty sure the C8 will lose bad. big track, not sure? auto X and hill climbs are a bit more fun/ challenging

Just wondering is the P3D+ the fastest car 0-60 for mass produced cars under 60K

Basically yes. The new Vette might be slightly quicker but I haven’t seen any real world tests yet.

An Internet search will pull up a bunch of lists. This slideshow below is a couple years old but it shows most of the relevant competition and the TM3 performance out accelerates all of them by a second or more 0-60.

List

You are not alone - here's my side by side with a new GT-R this past spring. 63% SOC, chilly day.

A chilly day certainly favors the turbo GT-R but that is still a pretty good race all things considered. I bet you'd make it a lot closer after the update, especially if you had the car in optimal shape to race with a higher SOC, some of the faster TM3 timeslips I've seen are in the 11.6 range with trap speeds closer to 116 - 118.

That said, I wouldn't expect you to hang with the GT-R above 100mph... that 124 trap speed they had shows that pretty clearly.

Reactions: hoang51
C8 corvette- which starts under 60 (just barely) and does 3 flat similar to the P3D (and 11.2 in the 1/4 mile, which is a tenth or two better than the P3D) would be fastest under 60k.

P3D second. (The Tesla is probably a touch easier to hit that time reliably but we don't have enough data on the vette yet to say what wizardry they worked on it)

And I'm pretty sure THIRD quickest car under 60 would be...

A Model 3 LR AWD with acceleration boost (~3.5 0-60 with 1 foot rollout)

Even crazier far as I can tell bump the price cap up to 99k and.... that list doesn't change (unless you wanna put other vette variants on it)

Well, arguably the Hellcat Redeye lists a 3.4 0-60 for 71.3k....but all the car mags I can find couldn't do better than 3.7 because it's a stupid amount of HP in a RWD car that can't hook for crap if it's not on drag tires on a prepped track.

And then at 99.9k is the P100D which beats everything mass production at any price 0-60

Literally nobody in Europe would contemplate a Corvette due to the fact it can’t go around corners properly.

• Funny
Reactions: hoang51