Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D+ Flexing noise over diagonal speed bumps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my P3D+ for a year and a half with 13k miles on it (aug 2018). For the first year, it was rock solid. Then over the past few months, I've noticed if I enter a steep driveway or a large speed-bump diagonally, so only one tire hits it at a time, I can hear a flexing or creaking sound from the body of the car that was no there for the first year.

Has anyone else noticed this? Normal? Possible a bolt somewhere is coming loose? I'm going in to service in a few weeks for something else, so i'll ask them about this. Any known service bullion out?

SR+ here, and same flexing noise. Seems to be correlate with the ambient temperature for me, but it could be time based on wear and tear. I have 7k miles, and noticed it around 5k right about when winter started to roll in (NorCal). Would love to know as well if there is a TSB or what you find from the service dept.

I hear the window seals make some sound when turning out of a sloped driveway or get over speed bumps at an angle. Sounds just like that final moment when the glass slips into the seals when rolling the windows up.

So yeah there's probably some body flex going on. Not too concerned about it, yet.

I've had my P3D+ for a year and a half with 13k miles on it (aug 2018). For the first year, it was rock solid. Then over the past few months, I've noticed if I enter a steep driveway or a large speed-bump diagonally, so only one tire hits it at a time, I can hear a flexing or creaking sound from the body of the car that was no there for the first year.

Has anyone else noticed this? Normal? Possible a bolt somewhere is coming loose? I'm going in to service in a few weeks for something else, so i'll ask them about this. Any known service bullion out?

I've been having the same "issue" lately. Except, mine isn't a creak, it sounds more like a sheetmetal popping sound. o_O

Reactions: ybbor
I've been having the same "issue" lately. Except, mine isn't a creak, it sounds more like a sheetmetal popping sound. o_O

Mine started doing this out of nowhere recently, but then stopped and I haven't heard it anymore. Very odd because when the noise started, it did it consistently backing out of my driveway for about a week. Then it stopped and I haven't heard it since.

It scared me the first time though, I thought something fell out or something. It is pretty loud pop sound like metal sheet popping into a different position.

Reactions: ybbor