Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D Free Supercharging SNAFU Good News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in the group of end of Q3 buyers that ordered a P3D with a referral code before 9/16 and got delivery by 9/30 but still have "Pay per use" for my Supercharger status.

I have good news.

A couple weeks ago, I asked the obvious question on my account page and on 10/14 got an answer from Tesla Support with the hopeful paragraph:

"We are currently in the process of converting all applicable accounts to the Unlimited Supercharging. Please allow up to two weeks for the process to be completed."

Also, on 10/10, I Supercharged my P3D+ and was charged some $12 and change. Today I got a notice from my credit card company that I received a credit from Tesla for the precise amount of that charge.

Sometimes it pays to complain politely and wait patiently.

Cheers

I got the chargebacks from my CC company this morning; the account info online still doesn't reflect it. However, I noticed that charger at the superchargers the past few days didn't show me the nagging "no credit card on file" prompt while charger. So it definitely looks like things are starting to get processed.

I am in the group of end of Q3 buyers that ordered a P3D with a referral code before 9/16 and got delivery by 9/30 but still have "Pay per use" for my Supercharger status.

I have good news.

A couple weeks ago, I asked the obvious question on my account page and on 10/14 got an answer from Tesla Support with the hopeful paragraph:

"We are currently in the process of converting all applicable accounts to the Unlimited Supercharging. Please allow up to two weeks for the process to be completed."

Also, on 10/10, I Supercharged my P3D+ and was charged some $12 and change. Today I got a notice from my credit card company that I received a credit from Tesla for the precise amount of that charge.

Sometimes it pays to complain politely and wait patiently.

Cheers

I appreciate your guidance to wait patiently,
however many of us have not been told our
free supercharging would ever appear on account?

ask yourself this, how long would you do business
with a broker, banker, or credti card company if they
refused to make your account reflect proper conditions?

there's a difference tween waiting for something to happen
v. being told it'll never happen and objecting on that basis!

how hard can this be to correct an account?

Dear Tesla,
I sent a referral code. Why is my Supercharging account Pay Per Use?
Sincerely,
Model 3 Owner

didn't send a referral code, as FUSC was part of PUP @ time of my purchase..

and yes, I have sent, escalated, cajoled, and embarrassed
this inability to correct basic accounting practice of misdirection.

however, I am glad to accept the $5K refund for PUP in lieu of FUSC!

FUPM!