Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D Highway Range — Early Cautious Optimism

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So in order to strip out driving style, I'm strictly reporting stretches of flat freeway (101N/S) in Sunnyvale, Mountain View, Palo Alto, and Menlo Park, with the "dumb" cruise control set to 74. On these stretches I'm seeing about 320Wh/mi.

If you combine traffic on 101, and/or include some city driving on, say, a 9mi stretch of freeway at 74mph, I'd say my efficiency improves consistently to about 270-280Wh/mi. Since delivery, I have about 540mi on the odometer with an average efficiency of 305Wh/mi.

Those P3D+ tires are just really grippy and full of friction....I'll still need to see what my efficiency is on Monday when I have a good opportunity to compare my daily work commute. Based on my 335 miles on it, I'd say my daily performance is about 300 Wh/mi with high speed driving, but probably could do 270-280 if I'm slower.

Reactions: KarenRei
Rain has a large effect on range too. I was setting around 400, on a drive I usually saw about 300.
So, be aware when planning a trip.

I hit 450 Wh/mi in rain and a bit uphill.

Here's my drive from this morning though :D

I'm a pretty efficient driver....and clearly using this car wrong. 192 Wh/mi....
upload_2018-10-5_0-33-48.png

• Funny
Reactions: KarenRei
I got an insane 229 Wh/mi efficiency round-trip this morning/afternoon on a 95 mile drive. I'm wondering if the increased efficiency is due to the stickiness of the tires wearing down and you get more of the harder low rolling resistance from the PS4s tires. I have about 2200 miles on my P3D+, can anyone else confirm?

My TeslaFi statistic:
Capture.JPG