Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D+ Issue: Front Undercarriage cover came loose (while driving)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having to check this at delivery is crazy, the car is too low to the ground to check this kind of thing. Plus when I went to pick mine up, I thought about looking under it, but didn't want to ay down on the dirty asphalt in a nice shirt.

A prepared Tesla customer goes to their delivery with a bright flashlight and a dirty shirt to wear over whatever they may be wearing! :) It's on my checklist! That's how I found my scraped rocker panel and two missing bolts. It's very easy for them to scrape the underbody coming off the carrier, so something that has to be checked. I actually don't care much about the cosmetic stuff under the car, but definitely didn't want to see any dents in the battery.

It's quite easy to slither under the car. Last time I was at the service center they started insisting that my aero cover missing the center bolt was just because new models of the car don't have the middle bolt (which is true for the rear diffuser), so I had to slide myself under there and point them to what I was talking about. They took my word for it. But they didn't have the bolt/washer so it was all for naught. They'll be in touch when they get a bolt. Not doing any harm; there are 12 other bolts on the Mid Aero Performance cover.