Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • We just completed a significant update, but we still have some fixes and adjustments to make. Please see this thread for more details and to find out how to revert to the old design. Cheers!

P3D+ Lowering with Unplugged Mild or TSportline Recommendation

kbecks13

Dec 27, 2017
SoCal
Tell me more about them, please.

So i'm running the first set of a prototype racing coilover from Unplugged. They have stiffer springs than the normal coilovers they sell, but that's what i want for track use. They also have an external reservoir and additional adjustability.

I was a little scared that they would be too harsh/stiff since this is still my daily driver, but its not bad at all. The body roll has been substantially reduced and gives much more confidence during hard cornering.

Some more info and pics in this thread: UP vs MPP Coilover

macgeng

Jun 22, 2017
Chantilly
So i'm running the first set of a prototype racing coilover from Unplugged. They have stiffer springs than the normal coilovers they sell, but that's what i want for track use. They also have an external reservoir and additional adjustability.

I was a little scared that they would be too harsh/stiff since this is still my daily driver, but its not bad at all. The body roll has been substantially reduced and gives much more confidence during hard cornering.

Some more info and pics in this thread: UP vs MPP Coilover

Nice!

Vines

Jul 20, 2018
Silicon Valley, CA
I really appreciate the stock ride as well, but for performance driving I want a stiffer setup.
Hitting riverside at 90 last weekend was not confidence inspiring, the tail was bobbing around a lot.
Maybe I'll get a ride in yours next time @kbecks13 and see just how stiff we are talking before I make a decision.
Definitely not looking for much lower, especially on stock struts maybe another 3/8-1/2" beyond the P3D which is already about 3/8" lower than the standard suspension. I already get into the bump stops a good bit at times on bumpy back roads.

macgeng

Jun 22, 2017
Chantilly
Fresh out of the shop! Unplugged Performance Mild for P3D+. Rides just slightly firmer than stock but still comfortable. Can't wait to put my 20" summer setup on them. Currently, these are my winter tires on 18x8.5 wheels.

Before (Stock)
IMG_5922.jpeg

After (UP Milds)
IMG_6466.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: NJturtlePower

DB-Cooper

Oct 29, 2018
Austin, TX
Fresh out of the shop! Unplugged Performance Mild for P3D+. Rides just slightly firmer than stock but still comfortable. Can't wait to put my 20" summer setup on them. Currently, these are my winter tires on 18x8.5 wheels.

Before (Stock)
View attachment 375662

After (UP Milds)
View attachment 375664

Thanks for sharing. Can’t wait to see it with the 20s.

iamnesty

Apr 23, 2019
Orlando, FL

Before (Stock)
View attachment 375662

After (UP Milds)
View attachment 375664

Hey, have you put your summer wheels on? Looking to see what the drops looks like with the stock 20s on. I am trying to decide between the UP Milds and TS. Thanks.

Luudcrs

Dec 11, 2018
SF Bay Area

Before (Stock)

Mild is supposed to be about a 0.7" drop all-around, right? That looks much more like a 2" drop, at least in the rear. I only see "Super" springs listed on their site for Performance model.

Reactions: P3D_Denver

Before (Stock)
View attachment 375662

After (UP Milds)
View attachment 375664

just curious if you still have the UP mild springs set up ? and any noise / clicking from what other member mention? thanks

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC