TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

P3D+ Lowering with Unplugged Mild or TSportline Recommendation

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by macgeng, Dec 12, 2018.

1. macgeng

macgeng Member

Tell me more about them, please.

2. kbecks13

kbecks13 Active Member

So i'm running the first set of a prototype racing coilover from Unplugged. They have stiffer springs than the normal coilovers they sell, but that's what i want for track use. They also have an external reservoir and additional adjustability.

I was a little scared that they would be too harsh/stiff since this is still my daily driver, but its not bad at all. The body roll has been substantially reduced and gives much more confidence during hard cornering.

Some more info and pics in this thread: UP vs MPP Coilover

3. macgeng

macgeng Member

Nice!

4. macgeng

macgeng Member

Received my Unplugged Performance springs last week but they sent me the super performance instead of the mild. I'll post some before and after pics up once I get the mild in.

5. Vines

Vines Active Member

I really appreciate the stock ride as well, but for performance driving I want a stiffer setup.
    Hitting riverside at 90 last weekend was not confidence inspiring, the tail was bobbing around a lot.
    Maybe I'll get a ride in yours next time @kbecks13 and see just how stiff we are talking before I make a decision.
    Definitely not looking for much lower, especially on stock struts maybe another 3/8-1/2" beyond the P3D which is already about 3/8" lower than the standard suspension. I already get into the bump stops a good bit at times on bumpy back roads.

6. aspec818

aspec818 Member

unplugged milds are in for AWD? Looking forward to your pics!

7. macgeng

macgeng Member

Fresh out of the shop! Unplugged Performance Mild for P3D+. Rides just slightly firmer than stock but still comfortable. Can't wait to put my 20" summer setup on them. Currently, these are my winter tires on 18x8.5 wheels.

Before (Stock)
    IMG_5922.jpeg

After (UP Milds)
    IMG_6466.jpeg

• Helpful x 1
  8. DB-Cooper

DB-Cooper Member

Thanks for sharing. Can’t wait to see it with the 20s.

9. macgeng

macgeng Member

Funny how the after pic looks stock and the before looks lifted.

10. slade037

slade037 Member

Can you let me know where you got the work done and for how much? I'm in the same general area. Thanks!

11. iamnesty

iamnesty New Member

Hey, have you put your summer wheels on? Looking to see what the drops looks like with the stock 20s on. I am trying to decide between the UP Milds and TS. Thanks.

12. Luudcrs

Luudcrs Member

Mild is supposed to be about a 0.7" drop all-around, right? That looks much more like a 2" drop, at least in the rear. I only see "Super" springs listed on their site for Performance model.

• Like x 1
  13. Mikey122687

Mikey122687 Member

Anyone having issue with the front wheels making noises after installing UP SP Springs?