Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D+ misc info and pics- wheel weight, calipers, suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are able to get it, the rotor diameter, and the radius from the center of the hub to the outermost point on the brake calipers front and rear would be helpful. I’ve ordered the performance package with the 20” wheels as well but I’m interested to know whether certain 19” wheels will clear the brakes.

Thanks for taking the time to post this information for everyone.

Can you measure the ID of the friction surface of the rotors too...aka where the hat meets the rotor. Much appreciated

I'm putting these on my list of items to measure, so when I have the wheels off next, I can get it all done in one go.

If you are able to get it, the rotor diameter, and the radius from the center of the hub to the outermost point on the brake calipers front and rear would be helpful. I’ve ordered the performance package with the 20” wheels as well but I’m interested to know whether certain 19” wheels will clear the brakes.

I don't have measurements but I test fitted 19's on mine yesterday and they fit just fine. The 18" Aeros fit on the front but their inner barrel diameter is just a few mm too small to fit over the rears, so I'd imagine most all 19" wheels would fit.

Haven't put these on the car for good yet because there's a lip around the base of the center hub bore that prevents my wheels from mating flush to the surface of the hub (see second and third pic). Not sure if this is specific to just the Performance brakes, but I've ordered 5mm spacers with 70.5mm bore, which should be plenty to clear the ~3mm lip.
IMG_5580.JPG
IMG_5586.JPG
IMG_5587.JPG

Last edited:
I don't have measurements but I test fitted 19's on mine yesterday and they fit just fine. The 18" Aeros fit on the front but their inner barrel diameter is just a few mm too small to fit over the rears, so I'd imagine most all 19" wheels would fit.

Haven't put these on the car for good yet because there's a lip around the base of the center hub bore that prevents my wheels from mating flush to the surface of the hub (see second and third pic). Not sure if this is specific to just the Performance brakes, but I've ordered 5mm spacers with 70.5mm bore, which should be plenty to clear the ~3mm lip.
View attachment 325515 View attachment 325516 View attachment 325517

That pronounced raised lip may pose a problem for a number of aftermarket hub-centric wheels... best to check fitment :cool:

img_5587-jpg.325517

Ok, took the wheels off again.
Upper arms are ferrous.
Rotors and rotor hats are ferrous
Front and rear calipers are assumed to be aluminum, as they are definitely non-ferrous.
Front brake info:
8" from center of hub to outer edge of caliper (horiz.)
8.25" from center of hub to furthest point of caliper
2.436" of friction surface
4.215" from center of hub to rotor hat
2.842" from rotor hat to edge of rotor

Rear brake info:
8.25" from center of hub to outer edge of caliper (horiz.)
8.375" from center of hub to furthest point of caliper
2.238" of friction surface
2.55" from rotor hat to edge of rotor

These are close estimates, and I may be off by a mm or 2.
Diameter of front rotor with these measurements is 358.5 mm, so it's likely that they are actually 355mm.
Diameter of rear rotor with these measurements is 343.6mm, so it's likely they are 340mm, unless I really goofed up and they're closer to 335mm.
Disclaimer: it was getting dark, and I don't have all the right tools for precise measurements.

Can you measure the ID of the friction surface of the rotors too...aka where the hat meets the rotor. Much appreciated

Last edited:
Ok, took the wheels off again....

Thank you for taking the time to do that. Really helpful info.

That’s good news on the 19s. That lip is interesting. I inquired about some wheel options with one manufacturer and I’m not sure they are aware of that lip as their test fittings appear to have been on vehicles without the performance brakes.