Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D new noise at WOT with 36.2.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dww12

Supporting Member
Nov 10, 2018
San Antonio
Anyone else notice a new pitch of the rear motor at WOT with 36.2.1? It was a bit cold this morning and I have one wheel slightly out of balance so I did not do a new draggy test, but there was definaty a pitch change at WOT that I don’t think was there before.

Anyone else notice a new pitch of the rear motor at WOT with 36.2.1? It was a bit cold this morning and I have one wheel slightly out of balance so I did not do a new draggy test, but there was definaty a pitch change at WOT that I don’t think was there before.

I would love to let you know if I hear a new pitch.....however I Tesla hasn't me a chance to get the update.

For goodness sake......people in Norway are getting the update.

Why don’t you just say that then. All these acronyms are driving me insane. Lol

Yes...they drive me insane also. Especially in a forum were you have the room to type the words.

My kids hate when I text them because I don't use acronyms at all. The complain about having to read too much.....which in-turn forces me to continue to type long sentences.

I even type out "laugh-out-loud" just to annoy them.

The new software has more power and better efficiency because the motor drivers have new logic. It makes sense that it might make new sounds as a result too. This isn't the first post I've read that mentions new sound.

• Informative
Reactions: dww12
Coming from an electrical background, I would say that usage of the term throttle (i.e., what's traditionally called the gas pedal) in a Tesla is incorrect. It's more a "potentiometer" or "rheostat", depending upon the exact nature of control over the input signals to the motor(s).

Also, almost any true gearhead knows immediately what WOT stands for when used in an automotive forum. Or maybe it's just a term for us oldsters.

Coming from an electrical background, I would say that usage of the term throttle (i.e., what's traditionally called the gas pedal) in a Tesla is incorrect. It's more a "potentiometer" or "rheostat", depending upon the exact nature of control over the input signals to the motor(s).

Also, almost any true gearhead knows immediately what WOT stands for when used in an automotive forum. Or maybe it's just a term for us oldsters.
I agree. Lost in this crowd. Anyone know TDC? Probably not.