Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D Owner Sit-in?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its been a few weeks since the P3D price drop and there's still no official word on how Tesla intends to handle the situation aside from Elon's Twitter broken promises.

So for everyone affected by this whom feel Tesla needs to correct this I'd like to propose a sit-in at your nearest Delivery Center. If all of us show up with our cars, block the entrances and protest for our mistreatment I think we may finally see some legit action. Especially if we can get any members of the press to show up too.

I understand not all of you are in agreement on why myself and others are upset about the issue. I ask that you kindly respect those whose opinions are different from yours and not further troll those affected, especially in this thread. Please keep this thread constructive.

So, I ask you all, whose coming with me??

Talk about a giant sucking sound of goodwill from Tesla employees. All the goodwill created by helping with deliveries, and we would make those employees hate us by making their job very difficult. Not such a good idea. Not a troll, but not a good idea. Forums are about sharing ideas. I appreciate yours, but I respectfully disagree.

Not to side track conversation but Best Buy just dropped the price on toaster ovens... I’m organizing a nationwide sit in. Who’s with me?!

On a serious note, I understand that you’re upset about this price change but think about how these contemplated actions would be viewed by a neutral third party. Optics would be horrible. You can’t be serious about this... can you?

So for everyone affected by this whom feel Tesla needs to correct this I'd like to propose a sit-in at your nearest Delivery Center. If all of us show up with our cars, block the entrances and protest for our mistreatment I think we may finally see some legit action.
A truly bad idea that will put Tesla showroom and service center employees in a terrible position and serve to fuel an anti-EV backlash among the public at large. That is my constructive comment.

So in response to your question, “Not me”.

So for everyone affected by this whom feel Tesla needs to correct this I'd like to propose a sit-in at your nearest Delivery Center. If all of us show up with our cars, block the entrances and protest for our mistreatment I think we may finally see some legit action. Especially if we can get any members of the press to show up too.

There is nothing a local delivery center employee can do to help you; all you would do is make their lives miserable as well as causing other Tesla owners, or soon-to-be owners, hardships.

Its been a few weeks since the P3D price drop and there's still no official word on how Tesla intends to handle the situation aside from Elon's Twitter broken promises.

I understand not all of you are in agreement on why myself and others are upset about the issue. I ask that you kindly respect those whose opinions are different from yours and not further troll those affected, especially in this thread. Please keep this thread constructive.

So, I ask you all, whose coming with me??

Wait, is today April fools? Is this a joke?

There is nothing a local delivery center employee can do to help you; all you would do is make their lives miserable as well as causing other Tesla owners, or soon-to-be owners, hardships.
You're right theres nothing that the employees there can do but if business is interrupted enough to cause harm to Tesla then the corporate office is going to notice. They'll be forced to take action.

How they choose to respond will determine how the public reacts. If they respond poorly then that found be detrimental to them as a business. If they respond reasonably then they will be heralded with being the greatest auto maker in the world. Many of you wish believe this already but they havent actually proven it. They've proven consistantly the opposite.

As far as soon to be owners go, man do I wish someone was at the DC to tell me this would happen. I would never have bought the car if I would have known I'd be in this position today. I consider it a public service to anyone that doesn't want to be ripped off and told 'hey but you got a great car, be happy!' The car, no matter how fun, doesn't make up for how terribly I've been treated as a customer. It's just not worth it.

It is way too early to consider such aggressive tactics.
Talk about a giant sucking sound of goodwill from Tesla employees. All the goodwill created by helping with deliveries, and we would make those employees hate us by making their job very difficult. Not such a good idea. Not a troll, but not a good idea. Forums are about sharing ideas. I appreciate yours, but I respectfully disagree.
I think this is a bad idea, at least this early in the process, but I don't care much about employee goodwill. I'm a customer, Tesla is supposed to care about my goodwill.

protest for our mistreatment
Everyone's a victim these days.

This is like buying a TV a month before the price drops by $1000. Yeah, it sucks. And in the case of a $70k car, the suck magnitude is significantly increased, I'm sure. But you weren't mistreated. They just lowered the price for future buyers. VIZIO isn't going to give you $1000 back, and Tesla doesn't owe you anything. They have your signed purchase agreement. Whatever they do for the people that over-payed before the price drop is out of goodwill. No other company would even consider something like this. So please get control of your emotions and don't subject the over-worked delivery centers to your victimhood mentality.

Everyone's a victim these days.

This is like buying a TV a month before the price drops by $1000. Yeah, it sucks. And in the case of a $70k car, the suck magnitude is significantly increased, I'm sure. But you weren't mistreated. They just lowered the price for future buyers. VIZIO isn't going to give you $1000 back, and Tesla doesn't owe you anything. They have your signed purchase agreement. Whatever they do for the people that over-payed before the price drop is out of goodwill. No other company would even consider something like this. So please get control of your emotions and don't subject the over-worked delivery centers to your victimhood mentality.
No it isn't. Comparing a 2 month old car to a TV is ridiculous. Total apples and oranges. There isn't any scenario where you can buy a brand new car at half price because the new model is out. That does happen with consumer electronics.

I do agree that they don't explicitly owe anything, it's a goodwill gesture. Although I could certainly make an argument that the original PUP price I agreed on is invalid because I didn't receive the full package at delivery. My contract says $5k for PUP, I paid 5k but did not receive the package.

It is way too early to consider such aggressive tactics.

I think this is a bad idea, at least this early in the process, but I don't care much about employee goodwill. I'm a customer, Tesla is supposed to care about my goodwill.

Reciprocal goodwill. I help you, you help me. You make my life difficult. I could be less inclined to do more than what HQ/manual says I should. In my experience with Tesla. I have always seen the words goodwill on my invoice. I want it to continue. Doing things that help may or may not help my situation, but I like to always put the best foot forward.

I think we have merit to complain but I do not support the OP's idea. All Performance models should be treated the same, both trims got affected the same way and Elon offered the refund on the first place. I will gladly take the money in exchange of my free supercharging. I am a Tesla shareholder, just referred someone to buy a model 3 and I am planning on buying the Model Y.

Reciprocal goodwill. I help you, you help me. You make my life difficult. I could be less inclined to do more than what HQ/manual says I should. In my experience with Tesla. I have always seen the words goodwill on my invoice. I want it to continue.
So in my case Tesla has given me zero goodwill since I put in my reservation over two years ago. They botched up my delivery, they disappeared for weeks at a time when I had questions and they couldn't wait to get rid of me after delivery.

I have been incredibly patient the entire time. I never once got upset with someone, I've never yelled or given attitude to an employee. I've been incredibly accommodating. The price drop was just the final straw in a long of transgressions that date back two years.

There's no goodwill to be had. They took all mine and never gave me any in return.

Extremely bad idea. IMO you paid for the car and you were happy to be amongst the first to have it. Now the price has gone down you want your money back. Unfortunately that's not how things work in the real world. I think Elon made a mistake responding to Electrek about this.

Do you also think the people that didn't order the $5000 upgrade should now get it for free?

Extremely bad idea. IMO you paid for the car and you were happy to be amongst the first to have it. Now the price has gone down you want your money back. Unfortunately that's not how things work in the real world. I think Elon made a mistake responding to Electrek about this.

Do you also think the people that didn't order the $5000 upgrade should now get it for free?
In the real world companies accommodate upset buyers all the time.

Honestly anyone that isn't sitting in a P3 currently doesn't really get an opinion on this. I don't believe for a second that most of those poo pooing this refund business wouldn't feel the same had it happened to them.