Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D Owner Sit-in?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
P+ has to give up supercharging in exchange. What does P- have to give? Just looking at things objectively.

Yes it’s funny but life is funny. Those who operate businesses face the unfairness of consumer expectations everyday.

We have supercharing....

I had no expections but after the CEO of the company opened his mouth that changed lol.

Last edited:
Personally, any company doing business can change their pricing, at will, at any time. I remember when a developer (rhymes with "ermine") in SoCal dropped the prices of their newly built homes (during S&L bailout in the 90's...dating myself here), and the people who bought the houses 6 months before for $200K more, got soooooo MAD!
And then they tried to sue the developer because the price reduction brought down the values of their homes...absolutely laughable! The developer was forced to do it...they had hundreds of millions on the line and it was what the market would bear. Whatever it takes to sell more Tesla's...I'm in! Part of the reason I can afford both of mine (MS P90D and LRDM 3) is due to my repeated investments in Tesla (always LONG of course!)
My 2-1/2 cents...

Until Elon announces another price drop on Black Friday that includes EAP.
Yeah, good possibility, but if you wait for the perfect time to buy, you will never get a Tesla. AP 3.0 is coming, do you wait for that? Oh wait, AP 3.5 (or maybe 4) is likely to come out not too long after that.

Bottom line is that this is a completely different company than we are used to. Some are ok with it, others are not. I stick to my view that I bought what I wanted at the price I was comfortable with, and I'm good with that. Any changes in price or config that happened after I bought is out of my control.

• Love
Reactions: MXWing and P85_DA
Until Elon announces another price drop on Black Friday that includes EAP.
I wish I had bought PUP instead of EAP (It was a difficult decision but wife wanted EAP). Could have gotten EAP for $500 with the 5k refund. Damn buying EAP instead of PUP was a HUGE mistake, hopefully the largest one I will make in the near future.
Instead I'll just need to spend an additional 10k to get PUP assuming it will eventually be an option...

Anyways Elon wouldn't do free EAP, he will go straight up FSD for free for black Friday, then refund everyone that bought EAP+FSD and give nothing to those that didn't :) he has to one up his last controversial tweet in order to get back into the headlines.

Last edited:
Reactions: Perry
I have said this in another thread. But when you purchase the vehicle, you did agree on the price you paid, right? No one deceives you or cheat you of anything.

I understand the timing is bad. Such is life. You still have an awesome car. Get up from your browser and go take it for a drive. Feel better yet?

On the contrary, if Tesla raises price by $5k, would a Tesla employee come knocking on your door to demand payment for the price increase?

It just doesn't make sense to me.

The scenario is vastly different if you have not taken delivery. Then you can ask nicely your advisor to adjust the price for you, and I have seen Tesla out of goodwill done it on many occasions.

I know we are probably spoiled/accustomed to price protection from retailer such as Best Buy. Their price protection policy, price matching a competitor.

Tesla never have such policy in place.

I have said this in another thread. But when you purchase the vehicle, you did agree on the price you paid, right? No one deceives you or cheat you of anything.

I understand the timing is bad. Such is life. You still have an awesome car. Get up from your browser and go take it for a drive. Feel better yet?

On the contrary, if Tesla raises price by $5k, would a Tesla employee come knocking on your door to demand payment for the price increase?

The scenario is vastly different if you have not taken delivery. Then you can ask nicely your advisor to adjust the price for you, and I have seen Tesla out of goodwill done it on many occasions.

I know we are probably spoiled/accustomed to price protection from retailer such as Best Buy. Their price protection policy, price matching a competitor.

No, I do not feel better because the car is still in service. I had taken delivery but it had to go right back into service for all the damage and defects. Price still changed, I still don't have the car. There will be no good will. At this point I'm just crossing my fingers the body shop can fix all the issues.

I believe if you have not taken delivery of the P3D- the policy is you forfeit $2500 and need to reorder if you want the PUP version. Sucks but thats how it is.

Reactions: Perry

I have no issue about that at all. My issue is with Elon saying that he will take of 3P owners and only doing something for half of the people.

I have no issue about that at all. My issue is with Elon saying that he will take of 3P owners and only doing something for half of the people.
I think that is far from confirmed at this point. I've seen a couple people post they are 'expecting' refunds, but so far I haven't seen any confirmed policy. Are you saying you have confirmation of this?

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
I think that is far from confirmed at this point. I've seen a couple people post they are 'expecting' refunds, but so far I haven't seen any confirmed policy. Are you saying you have confirmation of this?

Look at the other threads PUP owners are getting emails saying that they are getting money back. Is that not enough confirmation?

I don't want the 5 grand back. Give me PUP, EAP or FSD. Something more useful the supercharing

• Disagree
Reactions: P85_DA
Look at the other threads PUP owners are getting emails saying that they are getting money back. Is that not enough confirmation?

I don't want the 5 grand back. Give me PUP, EAP or FSD. Something more useful the supercharing
I've also read many posts of people with PUP saying they got a response saying there is no policy in place yet and they haven't been offered a refund. I have no idea which to believe. So no, it's not confirmation enough. At least not for me.

I've also read many posts of people with PUP saying they got a response saying there is no policy in place yet and they haven't been offered a refund. I have no idea which to believe. So no, it's not confirmation enough. At least not for me.
If it helps my BBB complaint has been received and "sent to the appropriate departments" for review. I'm asking for PUP or refund, preferably PUP as I too have the base P3D.

I’m sure if Tesla raised the price after you purchased your vehicle that you would be willing to cut them a check for the difference....You can’t have it both ways. You signed a contract to purchase a vehicle at a designated price. End of story.

Did Tesla screw up...absolute as early reservations holders got the short end of the stick. I was all in on a performance Model 3 from my reservation date 2 1/2 years ago until I saw the price and the minimal difference between the two variants. I did not agree with value proposition.

Had Tesla had the current performance pricing when I purchased mine I would have went for it. So there again Tesla screwed up because they could have had more of my money.