Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D Owner Sit-in?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's really funny. Only Tesla can do such things.
List the lower model for same price as the +$5k model, knowing full well that no one will buy it, just so they can say it didn't decrease in price. (OK, may be Elon can pay Kimbal $100k to buy one to prove to others the sale price.)

May be Tesla can also list a few Sept made pup model for the old higher price, and point to that to say "Hey, no one gets a refund! The Sept built pups are still same price. Only newly built pup+, that you order through website, are $5k cheaper". :)
It would make as little sense as the p3d- case, but at least Elon covers his a*** for not paying out the refunds. :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Perry
It's really funny. Only Tesla can do such things.
List the lower model for same price as the +$5k model, knowing full well that no one will buy it, just so they can say it didn't decrease in price. (OK, may be Elon can pay Kimbal $100k to buy one to prove to others the sale price.)

May be Tesla can also list a few Sept made pup model for the old higher price, and point to that to say "Hey, no one gets a refund! The Sept built pups are still same price. Only newly built pup+, that you order through website, are $5k cheaper". :)
It would make as little sense as the p3d- case, but at least Elon covers his a*** for not paying out the refunds. :)

There’s so many ways to skin this cat:

1.) Include FUSC with those 3P-. Instant demand lever.
2.) Put some miles on them as loaners and demos. Couple K off easy.
3.) Hold them for last call sales before the year is over.

How big is your short position?

Some did actually, some did not. Much like the P situation for a decent while (though they've changed the story on the P a lot more often)

Though I'm unclear how that would make any difference at all to depreciation- since it's not transferable to future owners.

Lol no RWD and AWD got free supercharing that offer was only offered performance models through early ordering or referral code.

It makes a difference because that is what we have to trade for a refund or something else.

Facepalm...

Now you are lying and making stuff up.

Everyone's a victim these days.

This is like buying a TV a month before the price drops by $1000. Yeah, it sucks. And in the case of a $70k car, the suck magnitude is significantly increased, I'm sure. But you weren't mistreated. They just lowered the price for future buyers. VIZIO isn't going to give you $1000 back, and Tesla doesn't owe you anything. They have your signed purchase agreement. Whatever they do for the people that over-payed before the price drop is out of goodwill. No other company would even consider something like this. So please get control of your emotions and don't subject the over-worked delivery centers to your victimhood mentality.

Bad example. Plenty of big box stores will do a price adjustment if a price changes within a certain period of time

Its been a few weeks since the P3D price drop and there's still no official word on how Tesla intends to handle the situation aside from Elon's Twitter broken promises.

So for everyone affected by this whom feel Tesla needs to correct this I'd like to propose a sit-in at your nearest Delivery Center. If all of us show up with our cars, block the entrances and protest for our mistreatment I think we may finally see some legit action. Especially if we can get any members of the press to show up too.

I understand not all of you are in agreement on why myself and others are upset about the issue. I ask that you kindly respect those whose opinions are different from yours and not further troll those affected, especially in this thread. Please keep this thread constructive.

So, I ask you all, whose coming with me??

Apparently, this will be a small protest. Perhaps you can absorb some of the negative feedback and see it not as trolling/flaming but as something else. A reality check:

1) Tesla has decided that price cuts across the board, development of the Model Y, and the $35K base model are critical to its survival, mission, and long term plan, presumably by helping to seriously increase sales in the context of a lowered margin.
2) Tesla came within inches of going under at the ramp up of 'production hell' around the Model 3, and it's pretty obvious that they don't want to skate that close to the edge of the cliff on the Model Y - and it is the Model Y even more than the Model 3 that can explode the EV revolution forward in a way that could have been viewed as impossible just 3 years ago. How would you feel about your purchase if Tesla went under? Then it might REALLY feel like a mistake!
3) Early adopters of most disruptive technology almost always pay a premium - and due to that, I (and you too) are pioneers in a revolution, and not any version of "bargain hunters". As a similar parallel phenomenon, take a look at HDTV prices and tech. Price have tanked, while what was state of the art tech just 3-5 years ago is regarded as obsolete and mediocre now. If you bought an expensive and then-best plasma TV 8 years ago for $4k, it's now virtually worthless. Feel screwed? Welcome to disruptive technology!!
4) You got the best car available at the time that you purchased it for the best possible price at that time.

While none of us feel great about how our cars are worth less than we might have expected (we lost $10K on two 3Ps), Model X and S owners really took a hit. But we were willing to pay a premium for being early adopters - and it's still the best sport sedan on the planet, which actually means you and I and all of us with Model 3 DMP are pretty privileged and fortunate in the big picture scheme of things.

Long story short - get over it.

Last edited: