Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D+ owners.. how often do you mash the pedal at stoplights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the title says, I'm curious to what P3D+ or other Model 3 Variant owners do. I don't do it all the time, but I'd say maybe 7/10 times if I get the chance lol. I match to the speed limit (of course)

Just want to see what other owners are doing because sometimes I feel obnoxious/'assholey' about doing it. Don't want to be 'that' driver but it's just so damn fun!

Just want to see what other owners are doing because sometimes I feel obnoxious/'assholey' about doing it. Don't want to be 'that' driver but it's just so damn fun!

Pretty much the same as I would in my BMW M3 - whenever traffic warrants a quick acceleration to execute a safe merge, or when I feel like it. Statistically, more often on a weekend than during work-week commute.

curious, how much tire do you wear off from mashing it from 0mph? does it make a difference if you go lightly on the pedal to like 5mph and then mash it? Would it save tire then?

Who cares.
I'm not saving condoms by refraining from sex either!

:p

I mash it fairly often and my tear wear is pretty amazing for over 12000 miles. I did get 2-3 of them replaced ~4000-6000 mile mark but all the tires are between >6/32 to 8/32" (9/32" is stock).
Interesting so maybe it does make a difference. I’m not smart enough to figure out how it makes a difference if we can’t burn the tires. Would love someone smarter to explain. Thx